free birthday food 2014 edition – san diego

1. Kathy Quinn says:

Jimmy’s Famous Ameican Tavern; $25 off your purchase, no minimum, good any time, doesn’t seem to expire. We always enjoy this one twice a year (on my & my BF’s birthdays).

I love your birthday freebie roundups! Especially because when you find new ones, it leaves me plenty of time to sign up before my January birthday!

I didn’t know Rita’s opened in Mira Mesa! Man – they are opening everywhere… maybe now the one in PQ will be less crowded in the evenings.

Oh – happy birthday!

Hi Leanne – Glad to be of birthday freebie service πŸ™‚ Rita’s is like taking over the whole town, I feel like there’s one in every neighborhood now! Or well, that’s their idea at least. Thanks for the birthday wishes πŸ™‚

3. Hannah says:

Do you tip based on the amount you would have spent?

4. cas p says:

great post!!I too, LOVE birthday freebies!!

Dickey’s bbq offers a free sandwich (no purchase necessary!). they are popping up in san diego (balboa mesa opening soon) – may be a good one for next year. happy birthday!

5. I like your pinterest friendly first picture… =D

I’ll check my personal list later to see what I missed from yours. Also, i think ghengis khan has something free but i won’t have the actual coupon until december to confirm! (maybe B1G1 instead?)

For ibirthday, did you sign up for everything or just pick and choose? it took a lot of time to sign dennis up and i’m debating how much time to put in for me. also, i had issues at saigon on fifth, who isn’t participating (since may or earlier) but ibirthday STILL has them listed. the site doesn’t seem to be in sync all the time…

Hi Lynn! I’m trying with that pinterest stuff, man. Pretty sure I haven’t hit 100 pins since the very first day, haha. Oh well, a little at a time.
      I didn’t sign up for everything on iBirthday since some places were too far and I knew we’d never go. I just tried to pick places we’d actually want to try. I noticed there were a lot of new items on there since I did the sign ups in the spring, I should go back and try and figure out which ones are new. Let me know if there are any I’m missing and you’ll have to tell which of the other iBirthday ones are worth it!

6. jess says:

I redeemed my birthday offer at El Torito today. Yes, it’s through their Real Rewards program.

Oh I look forward to this list every year! I just gotta remember to sign up for all the ones you listed (thanks for the list BTW!). I love how you’re still psyching yourself up to make the ones that are still makeable !

This is the only year I signed up for Benihana. I’m sad they changed their bday deal. It’s hard to find someone to do that deal with for dinner. Kinda pricey.

I wish I remembered the free bundlet. I love their stuff πŸ™

I wish someone caught you tripping with the Franky cupcake (like catching it using the slow mo function on the iphone). That woulda so made my day.

Happy bday month!

Hi Faye! Even if I don’t make it to anymore I think I did a good job covering some ground on free birthday stuff! I did the Benihana deal once, it’s tough that is only available during the week and not the weekend. Man, I’m glad no one saw me trip and drop my cupcake! I would not show a slow mo video of that haha!

8. I love your free bday food posts! So very useful! My favorite is the Cafe 21. I like that it doesn’t require you to buy drinks nor is there a limit on the amount of your entree. Glad that Sprinkles changes their policy too. I didn’t go this year because of that. Plus it’s so far to drive. There’s some new ones one here that I plan to sign up for. Thanks for this and of course, Happy Bday (belated)….

I was glad Sprinkles changed their policy since otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to get my cupcake. There were a few I would have used if it weren’t for that restriction (I’m eyeing you, Jersey Mike’s). I still have a few left that I can use (if I remember) since they do their policy 20-30 days after your birthday. Kind of nice! Thanks for the belated wishes!