civil war days + the donuttery / huntington beach, ca

1. Kimberlee says:

Nothing beats learning about American history while indulging in a pastry or 2. That last one with the strawberry filling is too much for me to handle right now. I want it!
    The only problem is, I’m a major klutz and every time I eat something with a “filling”, it turns into a gravity experiment with whatever top I’m wearing that day (usually white).

Hi Kimberlee – Trust me, I know so so much about um, “gravity”, haha! I have this problem on a daily basis. Partially why I just don’t wear white anymore… ๐Ÿ™‚ The strawberry nutella donut might have been my favorite that day!

• Kimberlee says:

Mary, you have no idea! Although I’m a huge foodie (not in the literal sense), I’m not very coordinated about getting it from my plate to my mouth. My mother put a bib on me until the age of 12 and now I’m wondering why I ever stopped wearing one. Maybe teenage rebellion or perhaps the Daisy Duck characters didn’t match my outfits very well? Either way, I wish I still had that Daisy Duck bib again.

2. Ooh how cool. I bet wearing one of those dresses would be fun…for a couple hours and then it’d be nice to go back to jeans and a t-shirt haha.

I looove cake donuts! I would have definitely gotten the carrot cake donut too. And the sheer amount of Nutella on top of the strawberry nutella donut…YES.

Hi J.S. – Yeah, I think a couple of hours max would be fun and that after that… no more!

I tend to always get cake donuts, they always look more exciting to me than the raised donuts, but a good, freshly made raised donut melts in your mouth. The nutella on top of that one is sheer genius to me. Nutella frosting = perfect.

3. That’s a donut place on our list of ‘must visits’. Great selection, especially the strawberry nutella. I loved seeing the Civil War reenactment photos! What a cool trip this was!

Hi CC – Yes if you get the chance to visit, I highly recommend it! We went in the middle of the afternoon and the donuts still tasted freshly made. I suspect they make donuts throughout the day and there is so much to choose from! Yay, I’m glad someone else enjoys my civil war photos haha.

4. Janice D. says:

DONUTS! I haven’t physically been to the Donuttery but my best friend brought donuts from here a long time ago and that is when I fell in love with the blueberry donut. SIGH. Anyway… what, carrot cake donut??! It’s a must to visit now! Thanks for sharing, Mary! Glad you had a fun day trip! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Janice – There’s so much to try and sample here that I totally overlooked the blueberry. We’ll have to try it next time. I was impressed they offer variations on the frosting for many of their donuts. The carrot cake donuts are so good! Hope you get to try some more samples from them!

5. Kirbie says:

I still need to visit this donut place! I keep forgetting. mmm, donuts