friday food finds

1. Your food finds all look so gooddd. I am especially in love with the scallion bread and the patty melt! Have you ever tried Chinese scallion pancakes? I think you would like them.

And that’s so neat that there is a Church’s Chicken in SD, the only reason I know it is because Kendrick Lamar raps about it in some of his songs. SO HOOD ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thank you! I think I’m in love with the scallion bread too. I’ll have to try it on one of their other sandwiches! Hmmmmm, I don’t think I have tried Chinese scallion pancakes? I’ve tried leek ones, which I like. It sounds like something I would like!

Hahah, rappin’ about Church’s Chicken WOO! All of the locations are in Southern San Diego, some in some very, uh, hood areas. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Hey, my old neighborhood is a hood area then, haha. There is a Church’s Chicken in Otay Mesa off the corner of Del Soland Picador. Omg. I love their chicken, but haven’t had it in years!

I didn’t even realize how many locations there are in SD! A bunch are in CV, actually, haha. They had only two pieces of chicken left last night so I didn’t really have any, just the pies and biscuits.

3. Kimberlee says:

Your camera takes great shots. I find myself drooling more than usual at the mere sight. My pics often look like blurry images of lost planets with gravy when I try to capture a picture of culinary art

Haha! Aww! I told someone a trick for taking photos (especially with camera phones) to hold your breath for a few seconds before taking a shot to steady the camera. Good lighting helps a lot, too! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Cathy says:

Great composite post. Fosters Freez pink cone dip is cotton candy flavor, not cherry; it’s accurate in flavor (i.e., not artificial) and quite nice, as is the caramel. Love fried pies and seek them out. There were Church’s all over my Detroit neighborhood growing up; great memories. The one that was in Santee was replaced by a Taco Bell…probably because KFC opened right across the street. Going to have to try the gyros at Wich Addiction.

Thanks, Cathy! I haven’t seen pink dip at Foster’s Freeze, only chocolate. I’ll have to check for that next time we’re over there. Or did you mean Mr Frosty?

Fried pies are so good… much better than any “baked” version. Hope you get the try the gyro at Wich Addiction sometime. They’re open on the weekends now!

5. foodwanderer says:

I love gryos! It almost looks like the Indian naan bread.

When you said butterscotch I was like YUM! But it is a measly little cone.

It does look like naan bread! But with scallions, haha. The butterscotch dipped cones are good but that was a really sad version, especially after I looked at other dipped cones on their Yelp review. Sadness.

6. Lauren says:

I finally got to try the pumpkin Noosa and I am addicted. It’s amazing and I can’t wait to try the other flavors! Is the greengo food truck always in one spot, or does it move around? Because I need that sandwich in my life.

Oh man, you reminded me I need to go hit up Target for more yogurt! The strawberry rhubarb flavor is good, too. I have also seen coconut, raspberry, and blueberry. I’m sure there are more flavors though! The GreenGo truck does move around, but they post their schedule usually on Twitter or their website. There’s also the SD Food Trucks website which posts a list of trucks for that day: http://sdfoodtrucks.com/ Happy food truck hunting!

I just went to Wich Addiction for their breakfast option (thanks for doing a breakfast post on em too).

The Carnivore Grilled Cheese looks so stupid good ๐Ÿ™ I want so bad right now. I wonder if they could do a low carb version of that. Don’t judge. Been trying to control my outta control carb intake lately ๐Ÿ™ So many sad face emos…

I think my last fried apple anything was from McD? Does McD fry their apple pie dessert thingies?

I go to work too early to take advantage of Wich Addiction breakfast. Though… they do deliver. Hmm. I tried the Grilled Cheese truck at Hotel Thrillist last weekend and they had pork belly with grilled cheese and it was so amazing… I don’t know if they have any lo-carb options here… you’ll just have to share with someone instead!
      McDonald’s doesn’t fry their apple pies anymore, they’re gross and baked now and not worth it!