south cali steak burger bar / chula vista

1. caninecologne says:

I have the coupon for this place and have been wanting to go. That place used to be a mariscos place for the longest time. Thanks for my preview! 🙂

Nice! It’s not in the Entertainment Book that I never check, is it?! We’ve been checking out more Chula Vista places since we keep going to the cheapy movie theater by your house.

• Yes, that’s in there. : )

That South Cali place used to be called Mariscos el Camaron waaay back in the 80’s. It was a hole in the wall. Parking kinda sux too. We used to go to the taco shop up the street (I want to say Los Panchos but I’m not sure), the one near that super old looking church with the steeple.

Hi CC – Oooh, okay, I’m gonna have to use that coupon then! Yeah, luckily a spot up front was open and we got to park in one of the coveted spots!

That is a wicked looking burger! Did they give you the option to choose the medium? Gosh that looks like a juicy burger.

I don’t think I’ve ever tried a patty melt. It looks like a burger that uses white bread?

Those onion rings look totally pre frozen 🙁

Hi Faye – I’m pretty sure we asked for medium rare, but I can’t remember for sure. Patty melts are kind of like a grilled cheese sandwich but with a burger inside (and onions). They usually use rye bread but I cannot stand rye bread at all so I usually ask for it to be on sourdough instead. I love onions so it’s a burger I love getting. Yeah… the onion rings did taste like the frozen variety. They should make their own!

3. Lynn says:

that burger looks so meaty! although, does it seem like cheating if you put two half pound patties into one burger instead of a single one pound patty? the patty melt looks wimpy in comparison haha! i rarely get them and always pick burgers/paninis instead. this weekend i had the chicken pomodori (panini) at corner bakery cafe and it was soooo delicious!

Hi Lynn – Haha – using two patties you get more cheese in between the patties! I think I’d rather have more cheese 🙂 I know, I got the smaller patty melt. I love them because I love the onions and I like the crunchy bread (most of the time). Your panini sounds yummy! I haven’t been to Corner Bakery too much, there’s one sort of near my work. I don’t think I’ve ever had lunch there, actually, just baked goods and breakfast items.