[recipe] pork chops and plum sauce

1. Wow don’t think I’ve ever had real plum sauce but I like the stuff that comes in bottles. I imagine this tastes a lot less sweet than the bottle kind? I bet it’d be so good with duck!

Hi J.S. – Yeah, this one is more fruity. The ones in the bottle taste more like a concoction of ingredients and spices haha. This one is the plain and simple kind that just features the fruit. I read recipes that added additional ingredients (like Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce and other stuff) but I wanted to just keep it simple. It is a lot less sweet, too, which I liked. You can better control the sugars this way.

Haha I ate all the plums and the grapes in the box so fast that I didn’t even get a chance to think about what else to make with them… XD All your summer posts makes me tempted to buy a grill!

Hi Jinxi – The real beauty of living here is that it’s grilling season all year long, haha. You must get a grill! I’m hoping to break in our new mini grill this weekend! I didn’t do anything with the grapes but eat them!

3. Very nice that you made your own plum sauce!!!

Whenever I have porkchops, I am reminded of the classic Brady Bunch episode where Peter Brady uses a Humphrey Bogart accent and says, “Porkchopsh and applesaush”!!!

Hi CC – The plum sauce was so easy, too! I don’t really like applesauce with my pork chops haha. I remember that episode! Did you link to it recently? I feel like you did…

• haha, I might have linked to it in a past post, but don’t remember for what and when! for the record, i’ve never had applesauce with pork chops either. the thought of it just grosses me out.

OMG!!! I love this!!! That sauce looks delicious and easy to make. I didn’t think it would ever be that easy to make. Did it taste similar to the plum sauce they give you for the roast pork?

Where did you the the pork? What’s your trick for grilling them without drying em out?

Hi Faye – My plum sauce was a lot less sweet and didn’t have any extra spices so it doesn’t taste quite like the one they give you with roast pork. You’d need to add extra spices and stuff to make it taste more like that sauce – but it’s still good. It’s more “pure” haha. For the pork, I actually brined them in a solution of sugar and salt with lemon and lime juice and the rinds for one hour. Helped keep them moist on the grill + just a quick cook – 5 minutes on each side over medium high heat.