bella vista social club and caffe revisit / la jolla, ca

1. Some of my friends had pictures of that weird rainbow and I was so impressed / have never seen anything like it before ! Very pretty.

And yum the crepes and that quiche look so good. I love quiches. Do you normally not like eggy things?

Lastly, random story: Once my friends from Canada were visiting and I took them to see the seals and at first we were like omg the seals are hurt they’re bleeding!! Anddd then we realized they were all ummm, on their time of the month….haha. Kind of gross but funny.

Hi J.S. – The rainbow thing was really pretty and also I never knew rainbows/colors could come through like that! I read it’s because there were water droplets in the clouds or something. I have never seen anything like it before!

I’ve been on a “I don’t like eggs” kick recently but I think I’m starting to get over it. Sometimes food falls out of favor with me and then later I start liking it again (this also happened with me & tomatoes but we are friends again).

Whoa about the seal story! Man… never thought about that before! hahah

2. Gorgeous views of Torrey PI\ines and La Jolla Mary! Especially the rainbow burst in the clouds – that looks so cool!

Sux about Bella Vista and their faulty system, but at least they comped the food! I would like to try the croissant french toast. : ) Quiche is always a good choice too.

Hi CC – Thank you! Yeah, I loved that rainbow burst – so unusual and so pretty. Yeah, I didn’t mind the wait after they comped it, haha. Luckily we were not in any kind of rush. They did it really reluctantly – I don’t blame them though. They kept trying to call someone to fix it but wasn’t working. I bet they get a backup plan after that!

Admit it. We secretly coax others to order different stuff b/c the different stuff are items *we* want to try too πŸ™‚

I wish there was a crepe place that would STUFF the crepes with whatever ingredients. Bristol Farms used to have a crepe station and I kid you not, the guy would stuff 1/2 a container of nutella in the crepe for me. I miss those days. It’s actually not that hard eating 1/2 a container of nutella in a crepe BTW πŸ™‚

I thought you didn’t like goat cheese? There’s a weird tang to it that’s off putting to me. I would so buy you a box load of truffles when I win the lotto one day.

Your nature pics are simply AMAZING. I literally said ‘holy f*ck’ after seeing the first ocean picture. First reaction of seal pic… ‘smells like poop’. I have NEVER seen a rainbow like that Mary. Your grandpa indeed is waving a beautiful hello up in the sky for you πŸ™‚

Hi Faye – I fully admit that I also want to try the different things! πŸ™‚
      Mmm, so much nutella… so good. I should try lunch at Bristol, it’s not toooooo far from work…
      I love goat cheese! Maybe you are thinking of CC? I like pretty much all cheeses…
      Thanks – I’m glad you like my nature pictures, I’m practicing taking photos of non food things πŸ™‚ isn’t that rainbow thing crazy???

4. Cathy says:

I totally missed this post…although I see it was up during the County Fair…I was kind of busy then. So glad you got to try the Brunch menu-a kind of secret place that isn’t crazy crowded on weekends. With the Glider Port right there, it is a perfect area to take visitors…they think we live this way every day…brunch, ocean, casual!

HI Cathy! It is really nice visiting here on the weekends. It’s nice and the food is pretty good. I’d like to try one of their pastas sometime as well. It is a beautiful spot to take people! Very impressive with the views at the Glider Port.