babs (bao’s awesome burgers) / convoy – san diego, ca

1. Whoa, that cheese oozing out definitely was dramatic! My sis just took her boys and the other kids there. They loved it. Too bad about the $#@% service here though. The parking lot for this place is just awful. I’ve been there before for Raki Raki and the Angels & Hearts crepe place but parked on a side street. I was too afraid to park inside, haha!

Hi CC – The parking lot here is dreadful, but every time I go with Jake he manages to get a spot! I make him drive, too, so less dread for me. haha! I want to try Raki Raki one of these days!

2. Lynn says:

We still have our groupon to use as well. I love the beast sandwich there. I tried the beauty once but it just tasted so healthy in comparison haha! I think I will go here after the gym since I am doing really well with my pre-summer workouts (so far)!

Hi Lynn – I was glad we have the three of us to share all of that food! I definitely could not eat one on my own. That’s probably a good idea, haha.

3. So the sandwich was better than the burger? The picture of all that melty cheese oozing out of the burger…swoon.

Hi JS – Yes, the sandwich was better this time! I’ve read plenty of other reviews where they loved the burgers, but I think ours was overcooked… I’d give it another chance though in the future!

That cheese stuffed burger made for a great pic! I’ve seen them on Groupon before but never picked up the deal.

Have you noticed vendors haphazardly treating customers with their Groupon deals? I think it’s 50/50 on that one for me. That’s why I hesitate buying these deals at times b/c I figured the restaurants hate you for being so cheap or something (therefore giving you bad service). I don’t know.

I think you need to ask Jake how he always seems to score a parking space in these awful parking lots in Convoy. There must be a trick. Must be…

Hi Faye – Yeah, I’ve found that if you present that coupon early they kind of brush you off a bit more… our waiter here asked us how we found out about it and I told him we had a Groupon. Maybe that was my first mistake! He was much more attentive to people who came in after us. It was pretty craptastic if you ask me. But whatever. Sometimes I hesitate getting the deals, too – like, why are you offering this deal? Does you food suck? haha

Jake was following people in the lot and looking to see if someone was already in their car and then just sitting and waiting for them to leave. Maybe that’s the trick!