tiger!tiger! / north park – san diego, ca

I’ve never been to tiger tiger, but have you been to their sister restaurant, Blind Lady Ale House? I think it’s basically the same thing (craft beers/communal tables/lively atmosphere), but with pizzas! Some of the best pizzas I’ve ever had 🙂

Hi Jinxi – I have not been! I’ve been close by Blind Lady… and walked by… but we haven’t managed to ever go in. I noticed they were sister restaurants from the same type of website they have – where it’s nearly impossible to get to the menu on your phone… hah. Jake and I enjoyed Tiger! Tiger! so we’ll definitely need to try out Blind Lady next. Thanks for the tip!

2. Hmmm, $3 craft beers sound good. Will have to bring Bert with me for that.

@ Jinxi – I’ve been to BLAH once – great pizzas but very pricy. They have “hipster” prices, haha.

Mary, if you go to BLAH, you can have your dessert at Mariposa just a few steps away (homemade ice cream). 🙂

Hi CC – If we had been there during $3 beer hour, I would have gotten a beer, too. But I couldn’t tell what the prices were and I couldn’t tell the beers apart from their board. I wasn’t hipster enough to read it (har har). Ohh, yes, I haven’t been to Mariposa in a long long time. A revisit is necessary.

Why is it called tiger!tiger! ? Makes me envision small children running away from scary tiger in the jungle. Strange.

I LOVE how they put the gravy on the side (for the fries!). Few places do that now a days. Did you have to request for it to be on the side?

How was the parking?

Hi Faye – I didn’t read up on the name so I’m not sure. But it’s funny to me that there are exclamation points after each word. We did not ask for the gravy on the side – that’s just how it comes! This made me very happy. We were there on a Wednesday after 8PM and we actually parked RIGHT in front of the bar on El Cajon Blvd. It’s street parking, basically, and we got lucky. Parking seems to be easier on El Cajon than University in my experience.

4. Darlene says:

I think I’ve heard that Tiger! Tiger also has a really good house donut so maybe it’s time I head over there to check out their poutine as well. I agree that gravy over the fries would kind of ruin it for me too.

Tasty poutine AND a house made donut? I think I need to start visiting Tiger Tiger more often!