rei do gado / downtown san diego

1. Your meat pictures look great! May try to learn from your techniques! We’ve been there a couple times but this year, we decided to try the OTHER meat place (Fogo de Chao) for SDRW (to be posted later).

Hi Lynn – Thank you! I’d like to go to Fogo de Chao, but will probably have to wait for the next restaurant week. Can’t wait to see your post about it!

Yum! Those beef ribs look good… I always liked the salad bar at Rei do Gado. I think it’s nice they’ve put out a few sweets, too, even though I consider fried plantains to be all the dessert I need.

Hi Leanne – I was happy to see some free desserts, too! I just wanted a little something sweet to go with it so the sweets they had out were nice. I’m hoping we can try Fogo de Chao next time!

I just went here yesterday for lunch !!! That’s too funny how you went last week. What day of the week did you go? I feel like the presentation of their salad bar they day you went was much better than their Sunday presentation. And I didn’t see any of those wafer cookies yesterday.

I signed up for Utopia but never saw Rei do Gado on there.

Hi Faye –
      I went last Sunday at like 11:30am! Maybe they just put out those desserts for Restaurant Week? That’s so funny you just went. The certificates for this place on Utopia was there like end of summer maybe? I’ve had it for awhile.

4. I’ve not been to any of those Brazilian AYCE places. As enticing as they might be, I just can’t seem to justify the price with my appetite. My husband on the other hand…..haha. The guava jelly cube thing for dessert was an unusual item. All your meats looked good though!

Hi CC – I must admit its hard for me to try everything – I just have a few bites of everything. The only time I’ve been is for a special of some kind, it seems too pricey otherwise!