This winter Jake joined a softball league and I, as the dutiful girlfriend, have been attending all of his night games. Yes – night games. Being a native San Diegan, sitting outside in winter is not really something that brings me joy even if it doesn’t ever snow here. I know our “winter” is not the same as the rest of the country, but hey – it still gets chilly out there! But, I am supportive and so I grab my lawn chair, a heavy blanket, a sweater, a jacket, a scarf, a hat and gloves to bundle up and watch my baby play in all of his games. His team calls me their “#1 Fan” since I’m the only one who comes to watch them play. Isn’t that cute?
One evening before one of his games last month I had some time to kill before the game started. I got out of work and headed down into North Park and managed to nab a parking spot about a block away from my destination: Heaven Sent Desserts. I was about to have my dessert first!
After staring at the beautiful dessert case for a long ass time (hey – it’s dessert – it requires extra thinking!) I choose this three layer mousse cake for my afternoon “snack”.
It has three layers of chocolate: dark chocolate mousse on top, followed by milk chocolate and white chocolate before getting to the chocolate cake base.
Each layer was delicious but all three together created this silky smooth, not too sweet, creaminess followed by a bit of moist, delicious chocolate cake. It felt sinful but oh so right! I ate it slowly and enjoyed a quiet couple of hours as I devoured this dessert piece by luscious piece.
I also had a cup of hot green tea to keep me company. While I watched the people and traffic flow by and while I read the latest issue of “Cooking Light”, looking for new cooking ideas and recipes to try.
It was a lovely brief time by myself before I braced myself and layered back up to go and watch Jake’s game. Jake had the last two weeks off so this week we’re back to it. It’s been a little warmer lately so maybe it won’t be so cold this week! My fingers and toes can only hope.
View my previous post on Heaven Sent from 2010!
Heaven Sent Desserts
3001 University Avenue
(at University and 30th St.)
San Diego, CA 92104
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Janice – Yeah, my mom isn’t really an adventurous eater. She didn’t used to be so critical about everything food-wise, but she...
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....