I’ve been wanting to take Jake here for a long ass time and a few weeks ago I was finally able to take him! We tried to go a few times this week, mistakenly making the attempt on the weekend or during prime sports game viewing periods. These are NOT the ideal times to go since Rocky’s is not a big place. We ended up going one Wednesday evening after Jake’s first league softball game (his team’s name? Ball Busters. This makes me laugh on a weekly basis.)
Wednesday night was perfect. We parked right in front and got a cozy corner seat in the back of the bar.
See? It ain’t big. We’re in the very back, and it’s really not much wider than this (it goes a little bit over more on the right, but not much).
This is the menu at Rocky’s. This is the whole menu. It’s all they do, besides beer, kind of like In-N-Out. If they served beers and put on sports games.
The only difference between Jake and I’s meal was I got a 1/3 lb. burger and he got a 1/2 lb. I love how the cheese completely covers the burger and engulfs is it in cheese happiness. THIS is how you melt cheese, people. Perfect!
The burger comes with simple fixings – mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion – and you really don’t need much else. The meat was a nice medium, still slightly pink in the middle, just how I like it. The meat is simple and juicy. No frills, nothing fancy, just a simple burger. The fries were hot, crispy and deliciously good.
Jake wasn’t quite sure this was “all that” since there’s kind of hype about this being one of the best burgers in San Diego. I’m not sure if it deserves that crown, but I can say this: it’s simple, it’s good, it’s filling, it’s cheap and it’s damn tasty. It made me happy on a chilly Wednesday evening. You can’t ask for more than that: a good simple meal with someone you love.
Rocky’s Crown Pub
3786 Ingraham Street
San Diego, CA 92109
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (7)
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)