Earlier in the summer, I received these beautiful Hawaiian Leis from Aloha Island Lei. They must have figured out my favorite colors or something because I’m sure this is something I would have picked out on my own!
The one and only time I’ve ever been in Hawaii was on my way to the Philippines when I was 11 years old. We were supposed to have just a hour over layover in Honolulu, which dragged out to be much longer (I think maybe 2 or 3 hours). I never got to set foot outside of the airport and I’ve always wondered if they give out lei’s when you enter into Hawaii like I always see on TV. I guess someday I should go and find out! In the meantime though, these beautiful leis managed to give me a tiny taste of Hawaii and just made me want to go visit a little bit more.
A long box arrived with cold packs and inside, there were two leis. My favorite of the two was the stunning Jade Olomana, a jade orchid lei with a purple and white orchid center.
You can see the stunning color of the flowers.
The lei is packed tightly together and I love the bright pop of the purple against the lush green.
The lei is a good length, too. It’s so pretty you can’t help but feel a little bit like a princess wearing one.
The second lei is the Tuberose. This was a much simpler lei with pretty white flowers that gave off the most heavenly scent.
I loved the simplicity of this white flowered lei not to mention it’s wonderful fragrance.
I ended up giving these lei’s as a gift to Jake’s mom for watching Maya a few times this past summer. She ended up loving them and it was a perfect gift!
If you’re looking for a gift or something unique for a special occasion, consider one of the gorgeous lei’s from Aloha Island Lei.
Disclaimer: I received complimentary leis from Aloha Island Lei. I was not further compensated for this review and all opinions here are 100% my own.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (7)
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)