Earlier in the summer, I received these beautiful Hawaiian Leis from Aloha Island Lei. They must have figured out my favorite colors or something because I’m sure this is something I would have picked out on my own!
The one and only time I’ve ever been in Hawaii was on my way to the Philippines when I was 11 years old. We were supposed to have just a hour over layover in Honolulu, which dragged out to be much longer (I think maybe 2 or 3 hours). I never got to set foot outside of the airport and I’ve always wondered if they give out lei’s when you enter into Hawaii like I always see on TV. I guess someday I should go and find out! In the meantime though, these beautiful leis managed to give me a tiny taste of Hawaii and just made me want to go visit a little bit more.
A long box arrived with cold packs and inside, there were two leis. My favorite of the two was the stunning Jade Olomana, a jade orchid lei with a purple and white orchid center.
You can see the stunning color of the flowers.
The lei is packed tightly together and I love the bright pop of the purple against the lush green.
The lei is a good length, too. It’s so pretty you can’t help but feel a little bit like a princess wearing one.
The second lei is the Tuberose. This was a much simpler lei with pretty white flowers that gave off the most heavenly scent.
I loved the simplicity of this white flowered lei not to mention it’s wonderful fragrance.
I ended up giving these lei’s as a gift to Jake’s mom for watching Maya a few times this past summer. She ended up loving them and it was a perfect gift!
If you’re looking for a gift or something unique for a special occasion, consider one of the gorgeous lei’s from Aloha Island Lei.
Disclaimer: I received complimentary leis from Aloha Island Lei. I was not further compensated for this review and all opinions here are 100% my own.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (8)
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky! (4)
- mary: I always wondered why that called that one “men’” haha. Seemed so odd! I’m not a big dark chocolate fan so I’ve never...
- caninecologne: My favorite pocky flavor besides the original is the “Men’s” pocky. it’s covered in dark and slightly bitter...
- mary: The Matcha Pocky was on sale at Mitsuwa yesterday for $1.49 a box. The prices there ranged from $1.49 to $2.39 a box, depending on which flavor you...
- Faye: My sis and I grew up on Pocky too. We adored it (just the regular ones dipped in chocolate). I’ve wanted to try the Matcha Pocky but it’s...
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (2)
- mary: I bought the dried porcini so it was a little less expensive. I didn’t need a ton of it either, so I just looked through them all until I found...