I’m too lazy and too tired to do a “real” post for today. Work has been crazy busy and when I get home now, I pretty must just want to veg out and *not* be in front of a computer. Instead, I bring you a small glimpse of fall:
In the way of donuts, anyway. The sprinkles on this donut reminds me of autumn with the mostly bits of reds and orange. I wish we had more color changes in the trees and leaves here in San Diego. It’s the one time I really start to miss Boston and the changing of the leaves. The city was always at it’s most colorful during the fall. I remember peering out of my suitemate’s window (they lived on the Storrow Drive side of our suite) and watching people on the Charles River. For some reason, the leaves on Cambridge’s side seemed to always change before ours. Curious!
I contend myself with the little spots of color I see here and there planted among the palm trees. These donuts keep me company anyway. These are maple cake donuts from Donut Stop in Mira Mesa. Blissfully simple and delicious.
I also spotted these Blueberry Buttermilk Bars one day and of course had to try one. Simple in flavor to their blueberry donuts, though maybe a bit denser. It’s kind of like eating a fried blueberry muffin. It got to be a little too sweet to eat after awhile and I prefer the original buttermilk bar instead. But it’s always fun to try new things, no?
I’m excited for the start of fall, for all things pumpkin, for the cooling weather, wearing my sweaters again, pumpkin carving and the month of birthdays. Goodbye summer, you were a sweet thing. We’ll see you next year.
9330 Mira Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92126
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (7)
- Kirbie: I love those little footballs. Hehe. You can find them at most dim sum places which is nice. Hmm, I think the bun you got in the last picture is the...
- mary: Hi CC – Um. Yeah, I *think* I’m gonna have to pass on the pig rectum for all subsequent visits…
- caninecologne: Yum, pig rectum. Not. At least you guys tried this place out and liked a few things!
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.