I’m too lazy and too tired to do a “real” post for today. Work has been crazy busy and when I get home now, I pretty must just want to veg out and *not* be in front of a computer. Instead, I bring you a small glimpse of fall:
In the way of donuts, anyway. The sprinkles on this donut reminds me of autumn with the mostly bits of reds and orange. I wish we had more color changes in the trees and leaves here in San Diego. It’s the one time I really start to miss Boston and the changing of the leaves. The city was always at it’s most colorful during the fall. I remember peering out of my suitemate’s window (they lived on the Storrow Drive side of our suite) and watching people on the Charles River. For some reason, the leaves on Cambridge’s side seemed to always change before ours. Curious!
I contend myself with the little spots of color I see here and there planted among the palm trees. These donuts keep me company anyway. These are maple cake donuts from Donut Stop in Mira Mesa. Blissfully simple and delicious.
I also spotted these Blueberry Buttermilk Bars one day and of course had to try one. Simple in flavor to their blueberry donuts, though maybe a bit denser. It’s kind of like eating a fried blueberry muffin. It got to be a little too sweet to eat after awhile and I prefer the original buttermilk bar instead. But it’s always fun to try new things, no?
I’m excited for the start of fall, for all things pumpkin, for the cooling weather, wearing my sweaters again, pumpkin carving and the month of birthdays. Goodbye summer, you were a sweet thing. We’ll see you next year.
9330 Mira Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92126
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (10)
- mary: I only knew about it because I had seen it on Yelp – it’s in a weird little spot, hard to see and easy to miss! It’s a cute little...
- Kirbie: How funny, I just noticed this place the other day when I was inside the plaza, and was wondering why I had never noticed it before. I was wondering...
- mary: The salad mostly had parsley as the herb, I think that was the only one. But it gave it a nice, refreshing taste (that, along with the dressing). Haha,...
- Faye: Oh your dish looks so good! I can’t believe they give you a side of hummus like that – pretty generous I think. The places I go to give you...
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway! (3)
- Melanie Montgomery: I would use it to help cater my work party!