There are some days when even if it’s stupid hot out… you just have to bake. Because inspiration has struck and you must act on it immediately! Mostly because you want to see if your idea is as good as it sounds in your head. That’s pretty much how these cookies came into being. I read Bakergirl’s latest post about Puffy Sprinkle Sugar Cookies and got inspired… to make the same thing… but with peanut butter and chocolate instead.
It’s not that sprinkles are bad or anything… it’s just that I don’t think sprinkles really taste like much of anything. And I think sugar cookies alone are kind of boring. And then I thought… dude, what if sugar cookies had peanut butter and chocolate in it?! Wouldn’t that be RAD?
I’m sure most people would do like, a peanut butter cookie base with chocolate chips, or a chocolate cookie with peanut butter. But I’ve always kind of dug a vanilla and peanut butter combination.
These cookies are extra peanut buttery, too, since I made little “peanut butter truffles” to go inside the cookie. Depending on how big you make the truffles, too, also will make your cookies more or less peanut buttery. Yes, peanut buttery is totally a word.
You can see it almost looks like these cookies are stuffed full of peanut butter! That’s just how I like it. You could also substitute it for peanut butter chips but I swear this version will be more lovable and worth the extra work to satisfy your salty sweet cravings.
- 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- peanut butter truffles
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- For the peanut butter truffles, mix the peanut butter and powdered sugar together until well blended. For sweeter peanut butter truffles, increase sugar to 1/2 cup. I liked them on the more "salty" side. Roll into balls and stick in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Sift together and set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to mixer. Beat the heck out of it for 2 minutes. Scape down the sides and beat again for another 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add one large egg and vanilla to the bowl and mix in until well blended.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet in three parts so the flour doesn't puff and get all over your shirt and kitchen. Once fully mixed in, take it off the mixer and hand mix in the chocolate chips and the peanut butter truffles into the batter.
- Using a medium sized ice cream scoop, form cookies and placed them on a silpat or parchment lined baking sheet, about 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown around the edges. Let cool and then consume as soon as possible. A tall glass of milk will also be order.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- [recipe] green bean salad + homemade bbq
- mr. peabody’s bar & grill / encinitas, ca
- supernatural sandwiches / miramar – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] taste of hillcrest coming up on april 19th, 2014 + win tickets!
- [recipe] easy one pot tomato basil pasta
- breakfast at wich addiction / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- [recipe] strawberry lime cheesecake bars
- college area taste / april 13th, 2014 + win tickets!
- babs (bao’s awesome burgers) / convoy – san diego, ca
- [recipe] strawberry lemonade
- [recipe] green bean salad + homemade bbq (4)
- mr. peabody’s bar & grill / encinitas, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Faye – Everyone should have a mushroom party! Mushrooms for alllllll! Call her. I hope she loves mushrooms, too! Parking here was really easy,...
- mary: Hi CC – I find that people either really really love mushrooms or loathe them. There seems to be no in between! Mushroom party will be in the...
- Faye: Man I’m so jealous of your friendship w/ Stacey. Exclusive mushroom party. Wtf. I want to call my best friend right now and ask her if...
- caninecologne: Everything you guys got looked so good, especially the frings and the mushrooms! Yeah, you guys should do a mushroom party – every...
- [recipe] easy one pot tomato basil pasta (8)
- mary: Hi CC – This was a pretty simple one to do! It would be good for any “lazy” meals
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- meandering eats
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats
- gastro bits