I’m always up for trying new things, as you well know. Recently, I had a gentlemen offer to send me some of his all natural, organic tea called Zone 8. Zone 8 takes pride in being a 100% all natural, no preservatives, no artificial anything beverage that anyone can enjoy.
I’m totally a big believer in making things from scratch and using ingredients that you can actually pronounce, so it made me happy to see someone trying to start up with a new product with those same thoughts and ideals.
I was sent samples of the Honey Lemon flavor to try out.
The honey lemon tea was quite good! There was maybe a touch too much honey for my personal tastes, but the tea had a good, robust flavor and you could definitely taste both the honey and the lemon. It tasted a lot like something I would make or something you’d get in a restaurant. I could tell the different between this and other bottled teas just because it didn’t have that “chemically” taste that drinks sometimes have. I really enjoyed the tea! If this were disturbed nearby I would definitely pick up a bottle of this tea rather than something else because I liked the overall flavor and the fact that there’s no crazy artificial crap in it. Good job, Zone 8!
Zone 8 is currently seeking funding through a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds to start production of their line of teas. Only honey lemon is in the works, but they hope to eventually add various flavors such as Masala Tea, Hibiscus Tea and Prickly Pear Limeade.
Disclaimer: I received complimentary bottles of tea from Zone 8. I was not paid for this review and all opinions are my own.
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- mamma teresa / poway – san diego, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...
- Jinxi: Ooh yay! I’m glad you tried it out and liked it D
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because) (2)
- mary: Haha, I didn’t even see that on the menu.. I didn’t know it could be Chilean either!