trifecta feast at flavor del mar

I’m going to file this away as being a good place for dessert if we happen to be in Del Mar.

I actually made a really good chocolate & peanut butter pot de creme, but have realized it’s best to just order one when we’re dining out. Having 4 jars of pot de creme in the house is just dangerous.

2. mary says:

I kinda wish there was some pot de creme in my house right now!

3. OMFG, butterscotch! My husband would go nuts for that! pot du creme, budino…it’s all pudding to me! 🙂

4. Vicky says:

Those desserts look awesome, especially the budino. Their happy hour is great.. they have a lot of offerings, maybe you’d like it more for that?

5. mary says:

Hi CC – Oh yeah, he’d totally love it! I kind of just call of it “pudding” and leave it at that 🙂

Hi Vicky – Oh, we’ll have to try the happy hour some time then! This was a special menu, so they might have only kept certain things on for this menu. Thanks for the tip!

6. Rodzilla says:

Wait, you used strip steak to offset richness? Good God, I like your style haha 😀
    I remember taking note of the salt, it’s sriracha, earl grey, lavender, & smoked sea salt – I liked the sriracha myself.

I remember the butterscotch bundino as well, I loved it. The type of thing I couldn’t stop eating if I wanted to.

Hi Rodzilla – Haha, I know… it sounds crazy when you say it like that! But it was a good combination. Thanks for letting me know what all of the salt flavors were! I had forgotten to ask since I got distracted by shrimp and octopus dishes.