homemade mashed potato pizza with cholula

1. Darlene says:

A second post on mashed potato pizza! Now I really have to try it. I’m imagining its more like a stuffed potato filled with cheese and a nice crust. But wow… that second slice has a LOT of hot sauce.

2. Desi says:

I like the original Cholula hot sauce, but where was my slice of potato pizza for review, maybe next time.

3. hi mary – cool, score on the hot sauces! i never knew there was more than one flavor of cholula either! i must try that with pizza next time! I like how your pizza came out – how cool is that!!!

4. mary says:

Hi Dad – I’ll make it for you sometime.

Hi CC – Yeah, I surprised to learn there was more than one flavor, I hadn’t seen it before. Thanks – hope you can and make it sometime 🙂

Now I’m going to have to go find the Garlic Cholula… sounds so good!

I think ricotta is what was missing from the URBN pizza… yours looks and sounds tastier. I’ll have to give it a try.

6. Cathy says:

Other than mashed potato tacos, this is my choice for food I’d choose to eat forever, if I had to choose. The photos make the crust look *so* good.

7. mary says:

Hi Leanne – I agree with you on the ricotta – I love ricotta on pizza and it matches up really well here. I love that sweetness from the ricotta.

Hi Cathy – I’ve found some pretty bland tasting mashed potato tacos out there – maybe all it needs is a little cholula, too? I’m starting to think you can put mashed potatoes in many, many things. Well, except a sandwich… maybe.

8. you would probably love the mashed potato croquettes at nijiya’s takeout. i think they’re called ‘korokke’ or something. they are sometimes flavored with curry or have tiny mixed vegetable pieces in them.

9. mary says:

CC! I had a mashed potato croquette when I was in LA a few months ago and it was like the best thing ever! I must try this!

10. i think they’re $1.50 at Nijiya. They also sell them at Marukai Market but those are not warm. You can get them warm at Nijiya.