After Sam’s show last month, I got home and found myself craving a little something-something for my tummy. I wasn’t full-blown hungry but I also wanted something with a little more “oomph” than just a bowl of pretzels. I stood in the kitchen for a second before realizing that I had all of the ingredients to make something simple and delicious. I could make bruschetta!
I toasted up some sourdough bread while I chopped up my ingreidents: fresh hothouse tomato, red onion, garlic, and a bunch of fresh basil from the garden. Add in a douse of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and it’s pretty much done by the time the bread has been toasted. Use a cut up piece of garlic to rub on the bread, top with filler, and eat. Man oh man. It is so good. It is so tasty. It is so worth it!
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (3)
- Dennis: Wow looks like you guys ate like kings! er Queens!
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...