My Long Beach posting made me forget that I had like, other posts to do, since this visit to DTM (Damn the Man!) Sandwiches occurred right after the Blackout! I remember this in particular because when Jake and I dropped into DTM (Damn the Man!), Jake asked the workers how the store was affected by the blackout. They had lost a bunch of product but were luckily insured to cover the costs of the lost food. I remember thinking at the time I didn’t realize the widespread effects that the blackout had across the county. As a result of the blackout, a few items weren’t available that day but we were able to get some damn tasty sandwiches anyway.
[Roast Beef & Avocado - $5.69]
This was my choice – the Roast Beef & Avocado on sourdough bread. All sandwiches come with Mayo, Yellow Mustard, Lettuce, Tomatoes, Red Onions, Pickles, Pepperoncinnis, Salt, & Pepper unless other requested. No pickles or pepperoncinnis for me, please. Thank you. The bread’s not toasted (though, I bet they would do it for you if you asked) and while I normally go for a toast, I opted to try it “as is” that day.
This was a really solid, really tasty sandwich. The meat was very nice – thinly sliced but really piled onto the sandwich. I had some issues taking a bite of that sucker. It had a wonderfully good amount of avocado and all of the pieces of this sandwich puzzle just fit together so, so nicely. I was quite impressed.
[Turkey, Ham, Pepper Jack, & Chipotle Mayo on Multi-Grain Wheat - $5.95]
Jake helped me spend my Groupon (yay) by getting this sandwich. Look. At. All. Of. That. Meat! I didn’t have a bite of this sandwich, but Jake ate the whole thing and he enjoyed it immensely. These sandwiches made us wonder why we didn’t go to deli shops more often.
The whole inside of the deli has got this counter culture vibe to it, from the spray-painted and tagged up walls, to the guitar picks that are glued to the floor (I should have taken of photo of that).
The counter people were super friendly and easy-going and happy to talk to their customers. They offer cold sandwiches, hot sandwiches, Po’ boy sandwiches (4″ hoagie roll sandwiches for $2.59), salads, soups and chili.
Eat here. Do it.
8182 Parkway Dr
(between Marengo Ave & Jackson Dr)
La Mesa, CA 91942
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- cape town pub south african fusion / miramar – san diego, ca
- ‘rita’s cantina @ harrah’s / valley center, ca
- [recipe] green bean salad + homemade bbq
- mr. peabody’s bar & grill / encinitas, ca
- supernatural sandwiches / miramar – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] taste of hillcrest coming up on april 19th, 2014 + win tickets!
- [recipe] easy one pot tomato basil pasta
- breakfast at wich addiction / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- [recipe] strawberry lime cheesecake bars
- college area taste / april 13th, 2014 + win tickets!
- cape town pub south african fusion / miramar – san diego, ca (2)
- ‘rita’s cantina @ harrah’s / valley center, ca (6)
- mary: Hi Faye – OMG you’re right they took Sam down! I double checked the “Adoption” page too but he’s not there so I hope hope...
- Faye: Awwww I’m so glad to hear that you and Jake saved that puppy’s life. I tried to click on the link but it didn’t show anything so...
- mary: Hi Lynn – Yeah, it was a bummer. I think the food truck might have been a better choice, haha! I try to shy away from buffets, I never feel like...
- lynn: Awww, too bad you guys had to wait so long for mediocre food! I wonder what it would have been like (food and wait) at the first place! The food truck...
- mary: Hi Carla – I wish we had tried the taco truck instead of the restaurant!
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- meandering eats
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats
- gastro bits