eat at recess food truck / san diego, ca

1. I am craving these tater tots NOW. ps. I think it is totally appropriate that my anti-spam word was ‘DEEPFRY’ Don’t you agree? 🙂

2. Alyssa says:

What a rookie mistake to mess up a grilled cheese sandwich! Isn’t that one of the first things everyone learns to cook in life? Glad that you were able to find some things that they do well.

Remedial tots sound just perfect – no need to get all fancy pants with the AP stuff! That’s too bad the grilled cheese was not that grilled. I hope they get that fixed; seems like it would just need more time on the grill or something.

4. Darlene says:

Everything looks so good, it would be hard for me to just chose one. And more than one kind of tots — my mind is fully blown! I’ll be on the lookout for the truck.

5. mary says:

Hi Alyssa – Yeah, the grilled cheese made me sad. I don’t think it’s too picky to think all the cheese should be totally melted. At least their tater tots made me very, very happy.

Hi Leanne – I hope so, too. It does seem like a really easy fix!

Hi Darlene – They also have just plain old tots, but why go for that when you can get them cheese?!

6. Rob says:

Wow! I love your food pix! Truly beautiful photography!

7. haha – my word ver is Forks, as in Bella Swan lives in Forks, Washington.

cool concept and clever names for their food. i would probably like the remedial tots (ooh, i never had anything with bacon salt before) rather than the AP. Feta cheese = barf for me.

8. mary says:

Hi Rob – Thank you 🙂

Hi CC – Nice! Yay Forks! Breaking Dawn next month…! I did really dig the names of everything on their menu. One of the reasons why I wanted to visit them even though it’s a bit of a drive to go to UTC area on my lunch break.