I had some kind of mad craving for Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits recently. I went twice within a week for lunch to fulfill my biscuit craving. I should probably just use one of the myriad recipes available to try and recreate these tasty biscuits (the actual recipe is a secret), but until I get it down pat I’ll visit the restaurant to tide me over.
You’ve had these, haven’t you? Served hot, they don’t need anything else. No butter, nothing. Melt in your mouth with that cheddar flavor and a bit of saltiness to the biscuit. They’re flaky and super good. And are included with your meal! Score, score, score.
I feel weird going here and just ordering fried foods so I usually get a side salad for an additional $1.99. Smothered in blue cheese dressing… hmm. Oh well. Pretty standard fare for a little side salad.
I got the exact same thing twice. The side salad plus these Beer Battered Shrimp (with either chips or fries) at a whopping $6.99. This is a pretty good deal for a lunch time treat. You get six fairly good sized shrimp is a simple beer batter – the shrimp come out nice and crisp. It’s served with a slightly tangy remoulade sauce that I really enjoy on the shrimp (and my fries). Much better than tartar sauce in my opinion.
Pretty simple meal at a chain restaurant. My service here both times was also really excellent. My waitress was really on top of things (and remembered me on my 2nd visit) and got me in and out for a quick lunch.
8330 Mira Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92126
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (5)
- caninecologne: Yum, pig rectum. Not. At least you guys tried this place out and liked a few things!
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)