post:

red lobster has delicious biscuits

I had some kind of mad craving for Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits recently. I went twice within a week for lunch to fulfill my biscuit craving. I should probably just use one of the myriad  recipes available to try and recreate these tasty biscuits (the actual recipe is a secret), but until I get it down pat I’ll visit the restaurant to tide me over.

You’ve had these, haven’t you? Served hot, they don’t need anything else. No butter, nothing. Melt in your mouth with that cheddar flavor and a bit of saltiness to the biscuit. They’re flaky and super good. And are included with your meal! Score, score, score.

I feel weird going here and just ordering fried foods so I usually get a side salad for an additional $1.99. Smothered in blue cheese dressing… hmm. Oh well. Pretty standard fare for a little side salad.

I got the exact same thing twice. The side salad plus these Beer Battered Shrimp (with either chips or fries) at a whopping $6.99. This is a pretty good deal for a lunch time treat. You get six fairly good sized shrimp is a simple beer batter – the shrimp come out nice and crisp. It’s served with a slightly tangy remoulade sauce that I really enjoy on the shrimp (and my fries). Much better than tartar sauce in my opinion.

Pretty simple meal at a chain restaurant. My service here both times was also really excellent. My waitress was really on top of things (and remembered me on my 2nd visit) and got me in and out for a quick lunch.

Red Lobster
Multiple Locations
8330 Mira Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92126
(858) 549-3557

'9 Responses to “red lobster has delicious biscuits”'

I love Red Lobster’s biscuits! I’ve even tried some of the copycat recipes, but it’s never the same. Close, but not the same. Once, when Travis was working out of town, he stopped at Red Lobster on his way home and I told him I was jealous he got to eat the biscuits. I guess he told his waiter and the waiter brought out a basket of biscuits for him to take home to me! Mmm… reheated in the toaster they totally met my craving.

2. mary says:

HI Leanne – I haven’t tried any of the copycat recipes but I want to. I got extra biscuits when I went last time and I gave them to Jake later that evening – he ate it right up! Man, they’re so good. I wonder if you can just go in and order a pile of biscuits to go.

3. moowiesqrd says:

Yeah, I love those biscuits… I’ve heard an urban legend that the secret ingredient is Bisquick? No clue if that’s true or not. I don’t go often just because the best food there is fried!

4. mary says:

Yeah, they are kind of the “Taco Bell” of Seafood Restaurants. I want to try a few of the recipes around the web and see if anything comes close though.

5. hi mary – the biscuits at red lobster are soo good! i’ve heard that bisquick thing before too!

6. Dennis says:

First I ever heard about the biscuits here! Why do all the chicks know of this fact, haha.. ;) I don’t think I’ve ever visited Red Lobster before but now I have too!

7. mary says:

Hi Dennis – That’s why you read all of these food blogs, right? :)

8. Lyn says:

I saw a packaged mix for these biscuits at Walmart last week. Didn’t try them though.

about this site

My name is Mary and I live in San Diego. I've been blogging since 2006 as a hobby - it's my fun, creative outlet! Some random things about me: I'm a front end web developer, I love peanut butter, cookies, warm cupcakes, puppy noses, star gazing, new bags of sugar, sprinkles, cupcake wrappers, egg rolls, eating french fries with ice cream, driving with the windows down, snuggling, wes anderson movies, staying up too late reading a good book and Jake. These are my adventures in all things food. Hope you enjoy the ride.
| Download Media Kit

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive new posts by email.