I had some kind of mad craving for Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits recently. I went twice within a week for lunch to fulfill my biscuit craving. I should probably just use one of the myriad recipes available to try and recreate these tasty biscuits (the actual recipe is a secret), but until I get it down pat I’ll visit the restaurant to tide me over.
You’ve had these, haven’t you? Served hot, they don’t need anything else. No butter, nothing. Melt in your mouth with that cheddar flavor and a bit of saltiness to the biscuit. They’re flaky and super good. And are included with your meal! Score, score, score.
I feel weird going here and just ordering fried foods so I usually get a side salad for an additional $1.99. Smothered in blue cheese dressing… hmm. Oh well. Pretty standard fare for a little side salad.
I got the exact same thing twice. The side salad plus these Beer Battered Shrimp (with either chips or fries) at a whopping $6.99. This is a pretty good deal for a lunch time treat. You get six fairly good sized shrimp is a simple beer batter – the shrimp come out nice and crisp. It’s served with a slightly tangy remoulade sauce that I really enjoy on the shrimp (and my fries). Much better than tartar sauce in my opinion.
Pretty simple meal at a chain restaurant. My service here both times was also really excellent. My waitress was really on top of things (and remembered me on my 2nd visit) and got me in and out for a quick lunch.
8330 Mira Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92126
about this site
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- macaroni and cheese balls / stremicks heritage organic milk giveaway (10)
- jaimee wood: already like Stremick’s on FB
- jaimee wood: liked “this tasty life” on fb
- jaimee wood: my fav is homemade mac & cheese!
- megan: Oops. I mean stremicks.
- megan: I have already been a fan of stemricks on Facebook and I liked this tasty life as well now.
- megan: My favorite dish is homemade mac and cheese.
- Kate B: And I liked Stremicks on facebook as well. (under the name Ka Barr) Thanks again!