Off-Strip Eats in Vegas

1. Jenn says:

Ooh so much fun!!! Planning a Vegas trip in a few months, looking forward to all of this!! DT Vegas has so much. Love the container park, did you know someone sits inside and manually operates the praying
    Mantis? Security pointed out the controller taking their lunch break. This great, thanks for sharing 🙂

• Mary says:

Hi Jenn! Ooo, no, I didn’t realize someone was manually operating the mantis. How cool! We were like a block away when we saw the flames shoot out and that’s when I wanted to wander over there!

2. Donuts looked good! I’ve seen those pink boxes around…

• Mary says:

Hi Soo! The donuts were quite good! Yeah, I’ve seen the pink boxes everywhere. I think that’s where the got the idea for the name, haha. It makes sense!

3. I love how those donuts are displayed. It reminds me of how the pastries at Le Parfait Paris are showcased. Haven’t been to Vegas in more than two decades. Reading your off-strip food adventures makes me want to go. But when it cools down though. The thought of driving in that heat makes me cringe.

• Mary says:

Hi CC – There was a time when I got sick of Vegas but I think it was because it was too much partying and I was in my 20’s and didn’t know better than to just stay on the Strip. There’s lots of cool stuff to see and do in Vegas and it’s not that far away from us. I do prefer going in the non-summer months though, it’s a lot better for walking around. Hope you guys get to visit again one day soon.

4. I forgot to mention that when Cathy visited Detroit last month, she texted me a photo of Detroit style pizza (her pic was from a local chain called Jets) I learned that Little Caesars originated from Detroit as well. The bottom crust of that pizza looks so nice and golden and crisp.

• Mary says:

Oh that’s awesome! I actually really like the style of crust. I didn’t know Little Caesar’s orginated there, that makes sense.

• Cathy says:

Little Caesars AND Domino’s started in Detroit. The crispy bottom is how I always thought pizza was, until I went to Italy. That whole thing about sauce on top of the cheese is bunk, though.

This is a great post. I stayed over in Las Vegas twice in the last month, because I drove to Detroit and relatives flew in (and later left from) that airport- cheap flights…Stayed at Station Casino Hotels and ate at their restaurants because it wasn’t a vacation…