jose’s pollos / logan heights

1. That chicken looks really good! I feel like steak and seafood always seem more appealing than chicken but really good chicken done well is pretty amazing 🙂

Yessss. I agree, I hardly ever order chicken out unless it’s like fried chicken since fried chicken is annoying to make. I always figure I can make my own chicken but sometimes the shortcut way is preferred 🙂

Did the price include the sides b/c those chicken prices seemed kinda steep! I dislike beans as well. Do you ever prefer flour tortilla? I agree that cilantro makes ANY dish better.

I was just talking to someone about Thrifty’s the other day. You can TOTALLY tell how old someone is when they say ‘oh yeah it’s still about .60c/scoop at Thrifty’s’. I laughed and told him ‘no, it’s about $1.80 per scoop now’. And can I tell you how much I wanna high five ya right now b/c you prefer Chocolate Malted Crunch. I’ve never known anyone else that prefers that flavor except for me. High fye (Borat accent)…..

Hi Faye – Yes, the price includes all the sides, salsas and tortillas. It’s a whole meal! I do like flour tortillas, they could have asked us corn or flour but I wasn’t paying attention. Once Jake started to speak to the lady in Spanish, she started talking faster and I couldn’t catch what she was saying, haha. Chocolate Malted Crunch HI-FIVE! I love the little crispy malty bits! I was so sad they didn’t have it that day. Thrifty’s is still cheap at least. I don’t remember what the price was for the scoops that day but it was about 1.80 or so a scoop.

3. kimberly says:

Holy macaroni, that looks yummy. This is right up my alley. Are the ribs pork baby backs or are they beef?

4. I was trying to comment earlier when my computer crashed. Anyways, I love chocolate malted crunch too. That was totally one of the flavors I always got. I haven’t had Thrifty’s ice cream in so long. Maybe it’s time to go get some soon. I remember the good old days of hopping on my bike to go down the street for some good old Thrifty’s ice cream with my allowance or breaking open the piggy bank.

Hi Miss Kim – I actually bought some Chocolate Malted Crunch this week and I had it last night, haha. It was pretty yummy. Tasted exactly the same! I hadn’t had their ice cream in years before this trip so it was fun to come back and have it again. They seem to have lots more flavors now.

5. I am pretty old, haha. I remember when it was a QUARTER a scoop. We would splurge and get thee scoops sometimes. The cylindrical scoops were cool. And yes, our favorite flavor (me and my siblings) was the chocolate malted crunch. I haven’t had ice cream in Thrifty/CVS or whatever they call it now in Decades! I don’t like whole beans either. Or beans all that much in any shape or form.

Maybe this might work next time you go:
    “Por favor, pueden darme la salsa dulce con mi pollo?”

Omg, my Spanish skills are like a child, haha.

Hi CC – I did always love the cylindrical and very even looking scoops at Thrifty’s, haha. Yes! More Chocolate Malted Crunch lovers! I feel like we should start a club or something. They have the ice cream at Rite Aid, not CVS.

Hey, my Spanish skills are practically useless, as in, I barely have any skills left. I can understand what they’re saying most of the time, but sometimes they talk SO FAST!