dim sum at pearl chinese / san diego

Oo first dim sum experience – how exciting! I love the chicken feet, it’s my favorite =p You guys ordered a lot of food! I love going to dim sum with big groups so that I can try more things πŸ˜€

Hi Jinxi – Haha, if you ever have dim sum with us, you get dibs on the feet then! πŸ™‚ Yes, it’s fun trying lots of things but man does it start to add up!

The stewed chicken feet was the best item that day. I wish there were better pics of Jake and T trying those suckers.

The desserts were the Baked Creamy Egg Bun and I think they other was a pineapple one?

Dim sum places are notorious for over charging on their Deluxe items. If Jake liked the bbq pork plate, you should try Sieu Sieu. Or maybe you’ve tried it?

We will have to re visit Pearl when it’s their one-price days. THEN we will show the world how we can really eat πŸ™‚

Hi Faye – You get the chicken feet next time then. Haha. T was weaving around too much, damn him. Oh well.

Creamy Egg Bun! Thank you. I liked that one a lot. I honestly don’t remember the other one. I haven’t tried Sieu Sieu but I’ve gone by there and kind of peered in. I remember as a kid we’d always get that bbq chinese pork when going out to eat and it was always one of my favorite dishes. Love that stuff.

Oh yeah, the one-price days sounds EPIC. I’ll have to dig up your post to figure out when that is (unless it’s just a sometimes special?).

3. Lauren says:

DIM SUM! This is the only dim sum place I’ve ever been and I remember it being pretty awesome. Those desserts look sooo good. $20 for each person ain’t so bad!

4. Michael says:

I love dim sum and will go anytime.

5. I’ve only been to Jasmine and Emerald….this one looks better!!! I’ve been trying to take the bf on his first dim sum outing…we might have to make the trip out there.

If you get freaked out by the chicken feet there you should see them before they’re marinated/cooked when they are raw and all white wrapped in plastic wrap at the supermarket. So weird. I don’t know how the feet get so swollen and giant looking. Chicken have tiny little skinny feet!

Okay, gonna pass on seeing them in the market hahaha. Maybe they just absorb all the liquid and get all swollen that way. Ugh. Mental image not helping. I should try Jasmine and Emerald for comparison’s sake… maybe. I just want to eat more dim sum πŸ™‚

6. Nice to see you again and be there for your first dim sum cart experience! Boy am I glad that Faye is ms. ‘dim sum expert’ though and handled ordering everything. That was the most items I’ve ever tried! The football things… I must order those next time! The dessert was unexpectedly good too. I hope Dennis can make it out to the next outing.

Oh man the dessert was really good. Didn’t seem like much but I loved it. I’m glad you were there, too – it’s more fun to share all of that food! Hopefully Dennis can join in on an outing πŸ™‚