friday foodie finds / part three

1. Julian Pie Company is way better than Mom’s. I don’t know why Mom’s always has such a long line. We blind-taste-tested every variety of apple pie from Mom’s and Julian Pie Co before our wedding and Julian’s was the favorite, hands down. The apple peach crumb is my favorite, when it’s available.

2. Have you heard that NICS: NOLA is reuniting Quantum Leap pals?? I may DVR November just to catch this. http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/10/16/ncis-new-orleans-dean-stockwell/

3. Why did McDonalds stop frying their pies? Fried pies are so much better than baked ones. It just makes me sad.

4. Happy Friday!

Hi Leanne – Usually when we go to Julian I get a slice to eat at Mom’s and then bring home a pie from Julian Pie Company. My friend likes to go to Mom’s because they have that bumbleberry pie because her family doesn’t like apples that much (what). Will have to try the apple peach crumb sometime! Sounds good.

I didn’t hear that about NCIS!! I haven’t actually seen it, even though I LOVE Scott Bakula. I will really have to check it out now though. So exciting!

McDonald’s is dumb. Do they think they’re fooling us into thinking they’re healthy with baked pies?! We all know what you serve, McDonald’s. Just get over yourself and fry some pies. 😀

Haha the D Nuts made me laugh unnecessarily loudly in the office… whoops XD
    I’m glad that you liked Giordano’s! That was where I had deep dish pizza in Chicago. One of my friends loves that place, so I was actually thinking about ordering a frozen pie for his bday, hehe. Glad to know that even though it’s a frozen pie, it’s still delicious 😀

Heeheehee! Everyone gave you funny looks, maybe! 🙂
      Giordano’s was really good! My dad said he got them right before they went into the airport, you should have brought some home! Though I read they also ship nationwide but I can’t imagine how much that shipping costs, oy.

3. Thanks Mary, I’m touched!!!! D’s Nuts is LIFE!!! Yeahhhh, boiiiii, hahaha!

4. Lynn says:

Hi Mary, dunno if you’ve heard of Mama’s Kitchen (in SD) but they have a pie fundraiser for thanksgiving (http://mamaskitchen.org/events/mamaspieinthesky.php) and their dutch apple pie was quite tasty AND for a good cause! Just another option…

Nice roundup. I have tons of pics myself but I’ve got so many other drafts already and not much time to even finish those. *sigh*

Hi Lynn – I have heard of Mama’s Kitchen but I haven’t tried their pies yet. Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll consider it for the holidays this year if I don’t feel like making my own. Maybe I’ll start a Thanksgiving dessert board on Pinterest for dessert ideas, too!

5. Foodwanderer says:

Wow all your foodie finds look so scrumptious. The Ghostbuster Cupcakes are so cool! O.M.G. the marshmallow cream sounds so good, I need to try it.

Thanks! Those donuts are super super sweet, so you’ve been warned haha! Maybe you have a better tolerance than I do though. They’re fun for this time of year!