Not too long ago we had the 4th annual San Diego Food Bloggers Bake Sale! This year’s bake sale was organized by Susanne of Lil Ms. Sueshine. We branched off from the national bake sale this year and instead did our own thing and support a local cause – specifically we raised money to support the Food 4 Kids Backpack Program for the San Diego Food Bank. Our little group this year raised $540.45 for the Food Bank which is equivalent to back pack meals for 2 kids for a year and a half or backpack meals for 100 kids for a weekend! It’s a smaller amount than we’ve raised in the past, but any amount raised helps to make a difference!
Here’s a recap of the goodies that were brought to the San Diego Food Bloggers Bake Sale this year.
These are my offerings: Truffle Popcorn, Pink Candy Popcorn, Strawberry Lime Cheesecake Bars and Lemon Ricotta Cookies. The cookies I pretty much sold almost all of them at work and I was happy that I was only left with a few cheesecake bars and popcorn by the end of the sale!
Here’s my setup. The ladies from Live…Bake…Love (Yvonne and Faye) were nice enough to let me set up next to them at their table. Luckily my yellow napkin matched their yellow tablecloth! I think it was meant to be.
The Live…Bake…Love ladies had a TON of stuff with them, including salted chocolate chunk cookies (which were DELICIOUS), lemon cardamon brownies (also yummy and I horded a package for myself), chocolate coconut cookies, dairy free peanut butter oatmeal banana bread, and birthday M&M cookies!
AND they also did these adorable mini apple pies. So cute (and really tasty)!
Jenny from JennyWenny Cakes dropped off and donated these for the cause: Sticky Toffee Pudding and Macarons!
Pretty lemon cupcakes with cute little decorations… not sure who brought these.
Puja from Indiaphile brought these totally cute gluten free mini rose cakes (which I purchased for a co-worker and her bf so I didn’t sample it!).
She ALSO brought this chile caramel popcorn that Jake and I really loved. Jake loved it so much he pretty much insisted that I learn how to make it. Luckily the recipe for it is on Puja’s website so I can teach myself how to make it. It was sweet, crunchy and the heat sloooooowly creeps up on you (in a good way).
More treats: cookie dough truffles and coconut oil granola! I think these are from Susanne’s friends since there are no blog names on the items.
These yummy little Chocolate Peanut Butter Cakepop’s were a hit.
Savory stuff needs to be a bake sale, too! Susanne also brought these Pretzels with Beer Cheese Sauce.
And Rocky Road Cookies!
I snagged one of these.
I can’t resist a cinnamon roll and this one was extra yummy – it had a bit of coffee flavor to it which deepened the flavor. I had it for breakfast was one and it was delicious way to start the day.
And just a few more treats: PB&J Cookie (a peanut butter cookie with jelly in the middle) and Apple Berry Crisp.
Thanks to everyone who came out to support the San Diego Food Bloggers Bake Sale this year!
- peppertree frosty / vista
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego
- bruxie / college area – san diego, ca
- flayvors of cook farm / hadley, ma
- rita’s italian ice & iwok chinese restaurant / bonita – san diego, ca
- big bite bacon fest – 2014 recap
- july 4th bbq recap
- scoring tickets with scorebig.com
- burrito eating at sarita’s taco shop / spring valley, ca
- ss lobster ltd / fitchburg, ma
- peppertree frosty / vista (8)
- Jinxi: It’s so weird that they don’t dip medium cones… I guess maybe...
- Miss Kim @ behgopa: Love the ice cream shot. It’s so summertimeish. I love looking at old...
- caninecologne: Yay! I’m glad you went! I SO wanted to go to Peppertree Frosty during our...
- Darlene: I took one look at the nachos and didn’t think they would amount to much but I...
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego (8)
- caninecologne: I’m not a fan of Chicago style pizza but have tried Giordano’s (when...
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats