college area taste 2014 recap

1. Lynn says:

You got the last strawberry cake from cold stone too hahah! Oh well, I didn’t really like their cakes anyway!

You guys are so cute taking pics together! I gotta remember to capture the memories of “us” instead of only food! Oh, how my stomach gets what it wants though! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi Lynn! Yeah… I don’t think I’ll be craving Cold Stone’s cake anytime soon ๐Ÿ˜› Yeah, I was starting to notice I had only photos of food and not photos of us so I try to take more photos of us as well. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. SusieM says:

Hi Mary! Yes, that was me and my friend Yvonne who “stalked” you at the Tea Station. We were saying that Tasty Life Mary just walked by us! We should definitely go say HELLO and thank her for all the cool places she has blogged about! It was great to meet you and J in person. Again, we love your blogs. Keep up the good work at letting your fans know all the good (and sometimes bad) eating experiences. Yes, YOU have fans! J should write his own blog too! He knows so much detail about every restaurant he’s been to! Amazing! PS….takeout boxes are a must at these events. There’s just no way you can taste everything, or one would be full by the 5th restaurant stop! =) THANKS AGAIN MARY!!!

Hi Susie – YAY I was hoping you would comment and tell me your name! I do try to get Jake to write posts but mostly he’s fine letting me do it. I tell him he should do a “video blog” instead. Hey, might be an idea for the future, include a little video from Jake on his take of whatever place we went to. Thanks again to you and Yvonne for stopping to say hello – I totally appreciate it and thanks for reading!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Take away boxes. Brilliant. I would have never thought of that. This event looks like it’s worth every penny. Dang it. Was it better than the Taste of Downtown? Most of the samples looked nicely presented and generous. I don’t know why but all the sammies and burgers looked so good. Especially the slider at Terra. That shrimp at Bridges looks alien though.

What’s the significance of Effinโ€™s name? I giggled when I read it b/c that’s how I write the ‘F’ word if you know what I mean…

Man. Still thinking about the take away box. Dang it. Was it weird carrying around the box – like no one gave you wth looks right?

The takeaway box was such a great idea! We did the same thing at Hillcrest but we brought tupperware that time. Jake carried the box and he doesn’t care if anyone give him funny looks heh heh. We actually filled up one box, dropped it off at the car, and Jake got a little pizza box at Woodstock for us. I think this was about the same as Taste of Downtown, but way less crowded. The samples were all pretty decent and good sized though there were a few items I didn’t care for at all, but overall it was great!

I’m not sure about the significance of Effin’s but man you have a good point haha!

4. Man, you guys went to a lot of places! Troopers all the way! Having the take out box was a good idea! Cold Mexican food should be a crime!

As for Effin’s, I was thinking the same thing as Faye!

Hi CC – If we hadn’t done the take out box, I don’t think we’d have been able to do this many places! The take out box let us “skip” places to save stuff for later and just eat what we really wanted to sample. Cold Mexican food is terrible! I didn’t even think of Effin’s that way until Faye mentioned it, haha.

5. cynthia says:

I saw you guys at Taste of Hillcrest but… I don’t know, just didn’t want to seem like a weirdo talking to you! haha
    I didn’t notice you guys had a Tupperware but I did see other people had them and what a great idea! This was my first Taste event so I will remember that for next time. We made it to about 15 places in Hillcrest but couldn’t eat any more after that! Would have been better to save half of it for later, for sure! This College event looks fun, too. Even with more “chain” places, looks like there was a lot of variety. The sirloin kebab looks really good!

Hi Cynthia! Haha, I totally don’t mind being stopped to a chat, if you see me again say hi!! We had our tupperware stored in a backpack for Taste of Hillcrest that Jake was carrying. I wish I had like a tupperware with compartments so nothing touched each other. I’m crazy like that. Storing most of what we sampled definitely allowed us to try more places – it’s a brilliant idea! The College Area Taste was nice because it was so much less crowded and easier to get to everything and very well organized. You should check it out next year. ๐Ÿ™‚