Today is my birthday.
I was going to do a regular post but then it seemed silly to not acknowledge my own birthday on my own blog. So here I am, acknowledging it.
I was a little freaked out a few years ago when I passed the thirty mark, but now I’m pretty much over it. Life is good. I’m in a good place, I have an awesome family, great friends and co-workers, and a really stellar guy in my life. Things aren’t so bad so I’m happy to pass through another year.
I’m still in the midst of free birthday things and I’ll get to more of those soon. I figured I’d start off with the first free item I got this year: Godiva Chocolates! This is the first year I signed up for the Godiva Rewards. It’s free to join and you are rewarded with a free gift for your birthday plus you get one free chocolate a month (starting the month after you sign up).
My birthday reward? Free purchase up to $10, no additional purchases required. HELLz YEAH.
I visited the Godiva store at UTC and browsed around and found there were a few things I could easily get for $10.
I choose to get the Signature Truffles box ($10). This box comes with four truffles:
Salted Caramel Truffle, Dark Chocolate Truffle, Milk Chocolate Truffle and Hazelnut Crunch Truffle.
My favorite by far was the Hazelnut Crunch truffle since I love love love hazelnut things. It had a nice hazelnut flavor on the inside plus the crunchy nutty bits on the outside. The salted caramel was also excellent, though I thought it could have used just a tiny bit more salt.
I also got to have one free truffle since I was a Rewards member. I asked the guy at the counter what his favorite one was and he said far and away the Pistachio. I decided to check out his choice instead of ogling the truffle counter for another ten minutes. I loved the color on this one (especially since it’s my favorite shade of green). I thought it was a bit light on the pistachio flavor but I still liked it. Didn’t fall in love with it, but chocolate is chocolate my friends and Godiva’s is so smooth and creamy, no matter the flavor.
An excellent start to my season of free birthday things! Stay tuned for more recaps of free goodies that you can sign up for yourself, too!
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (1)
- Faye: Minion!!! Oh, it’s so nice to see you post again. I’ve been wanting to try this place. I called them the other day to inquire about their...
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Kirk – Wow, you tried it 3-4 times?! I’m glad someone else can confirm that it wasn’t just me who had a bad meal!
- Kirk: Hi Mary – This place is terrible, tried it about 3-4 times when we moved a couple of miles away. Bitter orange juice, SYSCO products at...
- mary: Haha I thought so
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Sorry the food was kindof mediocre…however “barfed flowers all over the place” is the most perfect description for...
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)