For dinner during our little road trip, we revisited Peking Restaurant, a Chinese place we really liked. Heading back to the hotel, right across the street from our hotel actually, I saw this place called Flurries Shaved Snow Bar. Guess where we went for dessert? You better believe it!
This was a spur of the moment dessert and we just shared one thing since we still had donuts back in our room. We weren’t sure what to get and then we asked the guy working the counter what his favorite was and he told us the Cookie Monster but with almonds. That sounded pretty good to me so we ordered that. Too bad we didn’t actually get it…
I noticed there was some neat artwork inside the store.
And they also had their own line of t-shirts. “Flurry Monster!” I kind of wanted one of these, but resisted.
[cookies & cream - $4]
Here’s our shaved snow… somehow I didn’t notice until the end that we did not get what we ordered. I did like the nice tall bit of whipped cream though. We ordered the Cookie Monster which was supposed to have chocolate snow and chocolate sauce but we ended up with the Cookies & Cream.
Here’s a layer of milk snow. It was sort of ribbon-like at first and you can sort of still see the layers. This had a really, really mild flavor – like, too mild if you ask me. It was supposed to have vanilla sauce, but as you can see, it’s totally sauce-less. It really needed a sauce to bring it together.
Further into the layers we got the crushed oreo cookies plus almonds. I think whoever made this got confused since Cookie Monster and Cookies & Cream both have oreo’s in it. But still… no sauce?!
I got bored eating this since it tasted pretty bland. Maybe another flavor or different topping (and SAUCE) would have helped this out… but as it was, I didn’t really enjoy it. It wasn’t as good as the snow ice I’ve had near my house. Boo.
Oh well, it’s still fun to try new things.
Flurries Shaved Snow Bar
5950 Corporate Ave #200
Cypress, CA 90630
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Janice – Yeah, my mom isn’t really an adventurous eater. She didn’t used to be so critical about everything food-wise, but she...
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....