* If you haven’t already, don’t forgot to enter to win a cupcake from Yummy Cupcakes in Encintas, CA! Contest ends today at 8PM! Enter here, my friends.
Is this another donut post? Why, yes. Yes, it is. Because it’s almost the weekend and I don’t feel like doing another loooooong post. Instead, on this fine, fine Friday in August – I give you donuts. The day before I go and have to wake up early to do the Color Run on Saturday. Yes! I am doing the Color Run! But I am not going to actually run, mind you. My friend Stacey and I plan on walking the route because we don’t actually like running. But we plan on walking the crap out of that 5K and getting very, very colorful in the process.
And now… onto the DONUTS.
Or at least the inside of Miss Donuts, which is much less bright than the outside (you’ll see at the end). Why do donut places have those sad, sad posters advertising donuts (you’re already INSIDE the donut shop, do you really need posters for donuts in there). I’m pretty sure those posters went up on the day this place opened (or maybe a remnant from a previous donut shop) and have never been taken down since. This is just a feeling I have.
Pretty standard fare for donuts. Twists, raised, cream puffs, crossiants, old fashions.
Lots of things filled with cream and jelly and stuff.
They do take credit cards, but only on their terms, man. We only got a half dozen.
These were the donuts that caught my eye since they’re different! They’ve got almost a jester-collar thing going on with the frosting on top. They’re also split in half and filled with whipped cream. This one has chocolate and vanilla glaze.
While this one has strawberry and vanilla. We also got a maple bar that was split down the middle and filled with cream. It looked prettier than this, but the paper on top ruined the prettiness.
Overall I just thought these donuts were okay. They weren’t super fresh and I wasn’t too keen on the artificial strawberry flavoring. The whipped cream is really nice though and adds a little bit of an “extreme factor” to the donuts. Fried goodness paired with whipped cream goodness!
Naturally, I had to get these. But again… they tasted old and stale. The strawberry ones looks like it was in some kind of frying related accident which left it horribly deformed and extra skinny. It was again my least favorite due to the fake strawberry flavor in the frosting, but the other two were tolerable.
Donuts are still donuts, man, but these were on the stale, sad side. Maybe some other items here are the true shining stars. Maybe we visited at bad time in the middle of a slow afternoon. Who knows! All I know is that if you were looking for this place, you could not miss this bright, bright yellow building on Broadway in Downtown Lemon Grove. BRIGHT.
On the upshot though, this place is also open 24 hours for all of your late night donut needs.
Lemon Grove, CA 91945
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- dave and buster’s – mission valley / san diego, ca (5)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Hi Janice – Yeah, my mom isn’t really an adventurous eater. She didn’t used to be so critical about everything food-wise, but she...
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....