Quite frankly I’m surprised that not every Wednesday posting is a dessert. Astounded, really, since I have such a major sweet tooth.
The Dulce de Leche Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorites and deserves a place amongst the tasty things in life. I like that it’s smooth, creamy, and rich with a lovely caramel flavor. It isn’t overpowering and there isn’t a bunch of crazy stuff in it like some their other crazy cheesecakes. It’s got a good hearty crust and I love the whipped cream with chopped nuts sprinkled on top. It’s so yummy! It’s also one of the few instances where Jake prefers something to my homemade version. Maybe if I ever got the crust just right…
What’s your favorite flavor of cheesecake?
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (3)
- Dennis: Wow looks like you guys ate like kings! er Queens!
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...