bbq crawlin’ with bloggers

1. Dennis says:

Nice write up Mary! Short but sweet. Looks like you got the lightly brined Kohada. Popular favorite of true sushi connoisseurs! 🙂

2. mary says:

Hi Dennis – Thanks for telling me what I got! I would have never known. I do know that I love the tiny pink plate and tiny cup though. 🙂

Just thinking of Coop’s ribs and brisket makes me happy. Looking at photos of Barnes beans makes my teeth hurt. I suppose it’s a style some people enjoy, but it’s too sweet for me!

Not really a crawl, but Marie mentioned we should all get together for dim sum sometime. Whatcha think?

4. mary says:

I just messaged you on Twitter but I’ll say it again – Yes to Dim Sum!

5. Carol says:

Hi Mary! I’m so glad you and Jake were able to make it. Love your pictures. I wish I had gotten a slice of pecan pie at BBQ Pit to compare to the one I got at Huffman’s. Maybe I’ll stop in if I’m in the neighborhood but I probably wouldn’t go back there anytime soon. The link sandwich you got does look dry, dryer than the one CC and I shared. Too bad since I thought ours was decent.

Wait, did someone say dim sum????

Hi Carol – Oh god, our link sandwich was so dry and overcooked. I guess we got the lame ends of the links! The pie was good!

6. hi mary – great post on all the places we visited! man, that pie at the Barbecue Pit looked pretty good. I may have to try that soon. i just wouldn’t go back for their ribs though. i did like my sausage link sandwich – i didn’t think it was too dry although their sauce wasn’t as good as coop’s. as for barnes, i liked the sauce. but not a lot of it at once. it was overly sweet. i kind of liked how soft their ribs were too. my fave, as with everyone else’s was coop’s! coop is the man!

Hi CC – I think you got the better link at BBQ Pit. Ours sucked. Too bad! Coop’s was good. It’s not too far from Jake’s either so I’m sure we’ll be back to try other stuff. I want beefy ribs!

7. Kirbie says:

Aw, your toy is so cute! I love the little cup too. I didn’t realize they were all different. Oh i could totally go for dim sum.