annie belle’s “famous” wings & greens | rolando / san diego, ca

I’m always on the search for good southern food down here. And, waffles should always be crunchy, at least when you get them. Then they can get soft. Soft waffles make me suspicious… like they’ve been sitting too long before they got to me.

2. mary says:

hi leanne – i liked the flavor of the waffles… i just thought they should be crunchier! crunchy is my favorite food texture. at least my chicken was crunchy!

3. OMFG – I AM SO THERE!!!!!!!!!! I want those chicken wings and waffles!!!

i’m so happy i saw this post. yesterday, our router died and wasn’t able to fix the computer until this morning. so yesterday i was like in withdrawal not being able to go online and read my emails, blogs, etc. so yay!!!! it’s fixed and i saw a new place bert and i could go to! thanks!

4. Kirk says:

Hey Mary – This place is pretty good… went there a couple of weeks ago.

5. mary says:

CC – hahah, yeah, being off the internet tends to give withdrawals… i know how you feel! jake doesn’t have a wireless router so i always feel “out of the loop” when i’m with him on the weekends. hope you enjoy your visit when you go!

kirk – yes, i’m glad we finally discovered what it was instead of forever thinking it was some kind of college bar! just need to remember to eat veggies with my meal. πŸ™‚

6. Kelly says:

Oh I wish you would have gotten the greens!! I love your blog, but am a HUGE veggie lover so need to see more veggies please!!!

Hi Kelly – I will work more veggies into the blog posts. I promise. πŸ™‚

• Kelly says:

YAY!! Thank you Mary. I recently discovered your blog and am reading it every night to catch up! One of these days I am going to come to San Diego and feast!

That’s so nice to hear! You’ve got a long ways to go to catch up, haha. πŸ™‚ But yes, this place did close a few years ago, as CC said below.

7. Unfortunately, Annie Belle’s has closed. ????

8. Dagnabbit. The question marks in the previous comment were pressed accidentally. Too bad about Annie Belle’s closure. They had some good wings too.