Bangin’ Burgers is a joint over in Miramar, amidst the many other businesses in the area. When I think of Miramar, I think of furniture stores and the Marine base, not good places to eat. Bangin’ Burgers is a nice little surprise addition to the area, a good lunch spot, and looks to be becoming a local joint for the evenings and weekends.
I went to Bangin’ Burgers for the first time a few months ago, but only had crappy cell phone photos so I never posted about it. Last week I decided to trek down Miramar Rd. for a 2nd visit on my lunch break. My first experience the place was not very crowded and the food was good. On my second experience, I found that the place was jumping and a lot of lunch-goers were there this time around. I guess the word got out!
I kept things simple and I got a 1/3 lb. BBQ Burger ($5.50) – I made it a meal (fries + drink) for an extra $3. The BBQ Burger comes with onion rings, cheddar cheese, and BBQ sauce. They also put lettuce on there for you. There’s a condiment bar near the drink station which allows you to stockpile topping to your liking – various sauces, more lettuce, tomatoes, onions – the works. I got a garlic ranch dressing for my fries and it was so tasty. It had a really nice garlic punch and I couldn’t help dipping and redipping my fries in it – I blame the garlic ranch sauce for my overindulging in french fries. Damn you, you delicious garlic ranch sauce!
As for the burger itself, it was super moist, juicy, and downright tasty. The bun was lightly toasted and had a nice crisp edge. The onions rings gave it a nice additional crunch that I love so much. My only complaint is that the top bun was much bigger than my bottom bun, so the burger was a little lopsided. Too much bread on top and my bottom bun got a bit soggy since it was thinner. Still really good though.
If you’re looking for a nice little lunch spot in Miramar, this might be a good place to visit. They have a Peanut Butter burger that they rave about and all-you-eat appetizers on the weekends. They also serve beer and wine and have pool tables if you’re looking for an evening or weekend hangout spot. There’s also usually a coupon for $1 off a combo meal on their website, if you are interested.
7070 Miramar Road
San Diego CA 92121
Phone: (858) 578-8000
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (2)
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....
- mary: Hahah, I love your comment Jinxi, hoping you run out of gas in the area. I haven’t seen a s’mores cookie or pumpkin pie cookie like these...
- Faye: Free cookie w/ a fill up?! WTF. Why can’t they do that at other gas stations. I love how you give such a comprehensive review on each cookie....
- Jinxi: Wow! That marshmallow swirl looks really yummy (I love goopy melty marshmallow, haha) Hopefully next time I’m in the area, I also happen to...
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (8)
- mary: Oh I’ll have to try and check it out for brunch on the weekend sometime. Thanks for the tip!