Bangin’ Burgers is a joint over in Miramar, amidst the many other businesses in the area. When I think of Miramar, I think of furniture stores and the Marine base, not good places to eat. Bangin’ Burgers is a nice little surprise addition to the area, a good lunch spot, and looks to be becoming a local joint for the evenings and weekends.
I went to Bangin’ Burgers for the first time a few months ago, but only had crappy cell phone photos so I never posted about it. Last week I decided to trek down Miramar Rd. for a 2nd visit on my lunch break. My first experience the place was not very crowded and the food was good. On my second experience, I found that the place was jumping and a lot of lunch-goers were there this time around. I guess the word got out!
I kept things simple and I got a 1/3 lb. BBQ Burger ($5.50) – I made it a meal (fries + drink) for an extra $3. The BBQ Burger comes with onion rings, cheddar cheese, and BBQ sauce. They also put lettuce on there for you. There’s a condiment bar near the drink station which allows you to stockpile topping to your liking – various sauces, more lettuce, tomatoes, onions – the works. I got a garlic ranch dressing for my fries and it was so tasty. It had a really nice garlic punch and I couldn’t help dipping and redipping my fries in it – I blame the garlic ranch sauce for my overindulging in french fries. Damn you, you delicious garlic ranch sauce!
As for the burger itself, it was super moist, juicy, and downright tasty. The bun was lightly toasted and had a nice crisp edge. The onions rings gave it a nice additional crunch that I love so much. My only complaint is that the top bun was much bigger than my bottom bun, so the burger was a little lopsided. Too much bread on top and my bottom bun got a bit soggy since it was thinner. Still really good though.
If you’re looking for a nice little lunch spot in Miramar, this might be a good place to visit. They have a Peanut Butter burger that they rave about and all-you-eat appetizers on the weekends. They also serve beer and wine and have pool tables if you’re looking for an evening or weekend hangout spot. There’s also usually a coupon for $1 off a combo meal on their website, if you are interested.
7070 Miramar Road
San Diego CA 92121
Phone: (858) 578-8000
- rubio’s california bowl / utc
- wienerschnitzel hot dogs
- lemon ginger ice box cake for alex’s lemonade stand & melissa’s produce challenge
- wings and fish / encanto
- danny’s donuts / vista
- peppertree frosty / vista
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego
- bruxie / college area – san diego, ca
- flayvors of cook farm / hadley, ma
- rita’s italian ice & iwok chinese restaurant / bonita – san diego, ca
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego (14)
- Lynn: I tried Berkeley Pizza during comicon weekend. The pesto is one of the more popular flavors...
- rubio’s california bowl / utc (1)
- Miss Kim @ behgopa: Lol Rancho Cucamonga! I don’t know why, but I still remember the first...
- wienerschnitzel hot dogs (10)
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats