I got another one of those stellar deals, this time for cupcakes from Batter Up! Cupcakes in Rancho Bernardo. I’d been sitting on the coupon for awhile since I usually drive south to Jake’s and going up north first seemed like a hassle. I also really wanted to go on a day when they had Peanut Butter & Chocolate cupcakes, but alas, this was not to be.
Look, ma! Cupcakes!
Jake and I took the kids up to the bakery for a cupcake afternoon. Two of the kids got the S’Mores cupcakes, one got a Caramel Apple Pie, Jake and I each got a Carrot Cake and then I got a Red Velvet to round it out for a half dozen cupcakes.
Here’s the Caramel Apple Pie cupcake – oozing with apple pie filling! Totally different for a cupcake, sort of a combination of cake and pie in one little cupcake. I got to have a bite and it was pretty good – the flavors melded well together and the frosting was excellent.
Here’s my Carrot Cake cupcake. My favorite part of this cupcake is that little bit of nuts on top of the frosting. The cupcake was moist and had good flavor, the frosting was creamy and hinted at spices. Jake proclaimed this to be “the best cupcake I’ve ever had”. I don’t know if I agree with that statement, but it was pretty darn good.
Cupcake prices are: $2.95 for a single cupcake, $16.50 for a half dozen and $32 for a dozen. They have “Home Team” flavors available every day and the “Visiting Team” flavors rotate throughout the week.
Batter Up! Cupcakes
16769 Bernardo Center Drive, K1
San Diego, CA 92128
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (7)
- Kirbie: I love those little footballs. Hehe. You can find them at most dim sum places which is nice. Hmm, I think the bun you got in the last picture is the...
- mary: Hi CC – Um. Yeah, I *think* I’m gonna have to pass on the pig rectum for all subsequent visits…
- caninecologne: Yum, pig rectum. Not. At least you guys tried this place out and liked a few things!
- mary: Hi Faye – I was excited that it was so cheap! I wasn’t really that grossed out by the windows/panels, either, it was like… it made it...
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.