I live and work in the same area but there’s still plenty of opportunity for me to discover and try new places even though I’ve lived here for a long time. I work closer to Miramar and recently discovered a little Italian shop not too far from where I work. I spotted That’s Amore Pizza on a Subway run and though, I should try that place!
It’s a small shop with a few tables inside, nothing too fancy here. They usually have a couple of pizzas in their counter area if you want to grab a quick slice or two for lunch. They also have calzones, pasta, hot subs, salads and a few pretty good lunch specials. I’ve tried 2 things so far, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be back for more.
On my first visit, I got the Lasagna Special ($5.95) which came with this large piece of lasagna and some garlic bread.
The lasagna was pretty good – it was served to me piping hot and had a good rich, flavor. It was cheesy and meaty and hit the spot for lunch. It’s not the best lasagna I’ve ever had in my life or anything, but it’s pretty good for the price and portion size. It had a good amount of cheese and a good flavor – I like their basic sauce. I only ate half of it though – I didn’t want to go into a food coma after I got back to work. The garlic bread is just okay. It’s the same bread they use for their sandwiches and it’s crunchy and has a little garlic flavor. Not the best, but it’s decent.
I’ve also had the Chicken Parmigiana Sandwich ($5.95). This was pretty tasty – look at that melted cheese! Oooo. Good flavor and excellent amount of cheese (thank you, Cheese Gods). I thought the chicken could have been a little crispier, but that’s a minor issue. This is also a lot of food for the price and I didn’t eat all of this, either.
I want to go back and try a few slices of pizza or a calzone sometime, but I can definitely say that this place will be in my lunch rotation.
That’s Amore Pizza
9272 Miramar Road
San Diego, CA 92126
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- mamma teresa / poway – san diego, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Oh I forgot you went here too! It’s not super close to my work but close enough! I’ll have to ask about the desserts sometime.
- caninecologne: Yay! I wish my work was close to this place! I’d be there like everyday! I like how open the restaurant it. Nice sparse decor too. We...
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...
- Jinxi: Ooh yay! I’m glad you tried it out and liked it D
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because) (2)
- mary: Haha, I didn’t even see that on the menu.. I didn’t know it could be Chilean either!