I live and work in the same area but there’s still plenty of opportunity for me to discover and try new places even though I’ve lived here for a long time. I work closer to Miramar and recently discovered a little Italian shop not too far from where I work. I spotted That’s Amore Pizza on a Subway run and though, I should try that place!
It’s a small shop with a few tables inside, nothing too fancy here. They usually have a couple of pizzas in their counter area if you want to grab a quick slice or two for lunch. They also have calzones, pasta, hot subs, salads and a few pretty good lunch specials. I’ve tried 2 things so far, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be back for more.
On my first visit, I got the Lasagna Special ($5.95) which came with this large piece of lasagna and some garlic bread.
The lasagna was pretty good – it was served to me piping hot and had a good rich, flavor. It was cheesy and meaty and hit the spot for lunch. It’s not the best lasagna I’ve ever had in my life or anything, but it’s pretty good for the price and portion size. It had a good amount of cheese and a good flavor – I like their basic sauce. I only ate half of it though – I didn’t want to go into a food coma after I got back to work. The garlic bread is just okay. It’s the same bread they use for their sandwiches and it’s crunchy and has a little garlic flavor. Not the best, but it’s decent.
I’ve also had the Chicken Parmigiana Sandwich ($5.95). This was pretty tasty – look at that melted cheese! Oooo. Good flavor and excellent amount of cheese (thank you, Cheese Gods). I thought the chicken could have been a little crispier, but that’s a minor issue. This is also a lot of food for the price and I didn’t eat all of this, either.
I want to go back and try a few slices of pizza or a calzone sometime, but I can definitely say that this place will be in my lunch rotation.
That’s Amore Pizza
9272 Miramar Road
San Diego, CA 92126
about this site
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (13)
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt (5)