I also went to Yogurt World today.
I had noticed they had a sign for this place up for about a month or so, “Yogurt World – Coming Soon”. I only noticed that it was opening today because they had those guys dressed up in Chinese Dragon costumes dancing around the outside and inside of the store while a troop of fellows played drums behind them. I think that went on for about a half hour before the store actually opened at 12:28pm. The sign actually said “Grand Opening – March 1st at 12:28pm”. I overheard a guy ask the manager what the significance of the time was, and he just said, “It’s a lucky time for us.”
Yogurt World is a self serve frozen yogurt place. You go down to the end, pick up a cup, and pick what yogurt you want. They had a whole bunch of flavors, ranging from New York Cheesecake and Green Tea, to Strawberry and Mango flavors to “sour” yogurts to the flavor I actually picked, which was Peanut Butter. There were probably about a dozen different flavors to choose from in all. There’s also a ton of toppings to choose from: I saw granola, cereals, chocolate chips, M&Ms, mini Reese’s pieces, oreos, nilla wafers, gummi bears, all kinds of fruits and nuts, coconut and more. You dump whatever toppings you want into your cup and head for the counter.
Here you smack your concocted bowl of yogurt down to be weighed. It costs $.38 cents an ounce. The ounces add up quick though! I filled my cup above half way and dumped mini Reese’s pieces, almonds and a couple of Reese’s peanut butter cup pieces and my total came out to $2.53.
The yogurt itself was pretty good. It wasn’t overly sweet and had a nice peanut butter flavor – it wasn’t “full on” peanut butter, more like a hint of it more than anything else. Sorry my photo isn’t prettier. I was excited to eat it and was about to get in the car and go and didn’t have time to take the lid off. Dur.
There’s also another popular location in Kearny Mesa, if that interests you. I hear the parking there sucks though.
8995 Mira Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92126
about this site
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (13)
- my salty obsession / win a tropical sea salt (5)