My boyfriend works a lot and I wanted to get in some quality “us” time in the form of “let’s go get breakfast before you have to go to work”. I found a cute looking little cafe about five minutes from his house called “Nate’s Cafe” and we were pleasantly surprised by the place.The location might throw you off – it’s off Euclid at Home Ave. and it’s not exactly in an easy to spot location. It looks like it’s in the same lot as a nursery and the parking lot is pretty much just a gravel lot. But don’t let that fool you – once you go inside Nate’s you’ll find a cozy, home like interior, complete with bookshelves, side tables with knick knacks and more. It feels like you’re hanging out in someone’s house and has a really relaxed feel to it.
Jacob and I both opted to get the pancakes – we had some kind of pancake craving – and split a side of hash browns with our meal. These pancakes are so good – they had a little hint of cinnamon in them and reminded me a bit of the flavorings that you would find in your french toast. The hash browns were cooked right (crispy on the outside and not dry on the inside) and made my belly happy. The service here is also good – the waitress was nice and attentive and noticed we had never been in before, which I thought was pretty cool. And you get a good sized portion for the price. For about $6 you get two pancakes, sausage or bacon, eggs and a little bit of fruit.
I’ve already been having a craving to come back from some of those tasty, tasty pancakes. I can’t decide if I want to try something new, or stick with the pancakes. Knowing myself though, I’m probably going to have those pancakes again. Yum.
3120 Euclid Ave (at Home Ave)
San Diego, CA 92105
Monday – Saturday: 7:30AM-3:30PM
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....