My boyfriend works a lot and I wanted to get in some quality “us” time in the form of “let’s go get breakfast before you have to go to work”. I found a cute looking little cafe about five minutes from his house called “Nate’s Cafe” and we were pleasantly surprised by the place.The location might throw you off – it’s off Euclid at Home Ave. and it’s not exactly in an easy to spot location. It looks like it’s in the same lot as a nursery and the parking lot is pretty much just a gravel lot. But don’t let that fool you – once you go inside Nate’s you’ll find a cozy, home like interior, complete with bookshelves, side tables with knick knacks and more. It feels like you’re hanging out in someone’s house and has a really relaxed feel to it.
Jacob and I both opted to get the pancakes – we had some kind of pancake craving – and split a side of hash browns with our meal. These pancakes are so good – they had a little hint of cinnamon in them and reminded me a bit of the flavorings that you would find in your french toast. The hash browns were cooked right (crispy on the outside and not dry on the inside) and made my belly happy. The service here is also good – the waitress was nice and attentive and noticed we had never been in before, which I thought was pretty cool. And you get a good sized portion for the price. For about $6 you get two pancakes, sausage or bacon, eggs and a little bit of fruit.
I’ve already been having a craving to come back from some of those tasty, tasty pancakes. I can’t decide if I want to try something new, or stick with the pancakes. Knowing myself though, I’m probably going to have those pancakes again. Yum.
3120 Euclid Ave (at Home Ave)
San Diego, CA 92105
Monday – Saturday: 7:30AM-3:30PM
about this site
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- [event] dishcrawl north park / win a ticket to dishcrawl + discounts
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (3)
- Dennis: Wow looks like you guys ate like kings! er Queens!
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca (11)
- [product review] plum amazins baked goods from sunsweet bakery (2)
- mary: Hi Janet – According to their website, Sunsweet Bakery products are currently available at Costco here in San Diego. http://www.sunsweetbakery....
- janet: I love the sunsweet prune walnut loaf cake. I’ve gone to difrent places w no luck. I really would love to no were I can buy them here in san...