My boyfriend works a lot and I wanted to get in some quality “us” time in the form of “let’s go get breakfast before you have to go to work”. I found a cute looking little cafe about five minutes from his house called “Nate’s Cafe” and we were pleasantly surprised by the place.The location might throw you off – it’s off Euclid at Home Ave. and it’s not exactly in an easy to spot location. It looks like it’s in the same lot as a nursery and the parking lot is pretty much just a gravel lot. But don’t let that fool you – once you go inside Nate’s you’ll find a cozy, home like interior, complete with bookshelves, side tables with knick knacks and more. It feels like you’re hanging out in someone’s house and has a really relaxed feel to it.
Jacob and I both opted to get the pancakes – we had some kind of pancake craving – and split a side of hash browns with our meal. These pancakes are so good – they had a little hint of cinnamon in them and reminded me a bit of the flavorings that you would find in your french toast. The hash browns were cooked right (crispy on the outside and not dry on the inside) and made my belly happy. The service here is also good – the waitress was nice and attentive and noticed we had never been in before, which I thought was pretty cool. And you get a good sized portion for the price. For about $6 you get two pancakes, sausage or bacon, eggs and a little bit of fruit.
I’ve already been having a craving to come back from some of those tasty, tasty pancakes. I can’t decide if I want to try something new, or stick with the pancakes. Knowing myself though, I’m probably going to have those pancakes again. Yum.
3120 Euclid Ave (at Home Ave)
San Diego, CA 92105
Monday – Saturday: 7:30AM-3:30PM
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca
- firehouse subs revisit + giveaway!
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- tom’s chinese bbq + dim sum / city heights – san diego (3)
- Faye: Oh man you made out like a bandit! I’m not sure why I’m not grossed out by the yucky window food panel thingies. I think I’m just...
- mary: Hi Teresa – Oh, that’s a good way to describe them, they were sort of football shaped haha!
- teresa: xian shui jiao are the best!! i call them little footballs.
- peri peri / torrey highlands – san diego, ca (2)
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (8)