yeah, it’s a chain. but it’s close to my house, they have free wi-fi, and if you stay and drink coffee there you can have as many refills as you want. i’ve been here a few times, to work or just to hang out and read, and its a nice place to go if you want to relax and drink a bunch of coffee and have a snack.
on this particular adventure, i hadn’t eaten yet that day and decided to go for a chicken salad sandwich. it was just okay. i forgot to ask for my bread to be toasted, which is the way i usually like to have my sandwiches. i got it on their whole grain wheat bread which was the first thing to suggested to me and it sounded good. i can’t ever remember all of their bread chocies, there are just too many and i don’t see a handy list when i’m in there. the sandwich was just okay – they used a bit too much mayo for my liking. i’ve also tried a panini sandwich which i also thought was just okay. the bread hadn’t been properly grilled. what they do excel in is their bagels. i totally love their french toast bagel – it has a good amount of cinnamon and flavoring. and their cream cheese seems to be extra good and i have no idea why. i think the rule of thumb here is to stick with breads and such. maybe i’ll try their salads and soups sometime and will have a more rounded out view of all of their food.
10751 Westview Parkway
San Diego, CA 92126
phone: (858) 530-4000
about this site
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle]
- red velvet donuts at granny’s donuts / lakewood, ca
- via lago trattoria by busalacchi / eastlake – chula vista, ca
- tropical star restaurant & specialty market / clairemont – san diego, ca
- can cheddar make the breadstick better? / o’s american kitchen
- d bar / hillcrest – san diego
- [event] coast of pacific beach restaurant walk
- swoon dessert bar / north park – san diego
- [event] bake sale tomorrow!
- blogiversary week + giveaway to big bite bacon fest (2)
- mushroom + cheese feast [bacon wrapped mushrooms & mushroom souffle] (4)
- mary: We did! It was glorious!
- Dennis: Wow looks like you guys ate like kings! er Queens!
- mary: The recipe they posted left out a few steps and quantities, so I filled it in as best I could! My version is not exactly like theirs, but we all...
- Jinxi: Hi Mary! Looks like the recipe turned out great Sometimes I’m wary of restaurant recipes because restaurants have such different cooking and...
- in-n-out “secret menu” goodness (3)
- Randy: I also find the fresh cut fries at In-N-Out rather unappealing, and also tried the fries well-done one time. I thought they came out way too crunchy...