you be the chef cooking class at mia francesca

I love cooking classes, especially when you get to actually do something AND eat a lot of food. This one looks like a lot of fun, and who doesn’t love Italian food? The price seems very reasonable, too. I might have to put one of these on my schedule!

Hi Leanne – I think you’d enjoy this one! It was very hands on and everyone got a turn to go up. The chef was good at overseeing what you were doing and a sous chef was there for additional tips & pointers. The food was also really delicious and the price seemed really great for what you get (learning and lots of food).

Fresh mozzarella is the BEST! That pasta dish looks really good – reminds me a bit of carbonara?

Hi Jinxi – Yes! I love fresh mozzarella! They use a good mozzarella here, too. The pasta was sort of carbonara-like, minus the bacon and with the addition of white wine, haha. I loved that it had just enough sauce to pull it together and that you could really taste every ingredient that went into the dish.

I always thought it was too expensive b/c I assumed it would be just small tastes of whatever they were making that night. So it’s awesome to see that they serve you lots of food plus wine too! This might be a fun date night thing. I’d attend the next one if there wasn’t gorgonzola cheese on menu 🙁

You musta taken notes during that evening b/c your memory of all the chef’s tips were awesome!

Hi Faye – It was way more awesome than I thought it would be since we got lots of food! There’s only gorgonzola on one item…. but yeah, I get you’d want to skip that one. Maybe their December menu will be gorgonzola free!

Yes, I did take lots of notes. I don’t think I could remember that much without notes. Haha.

4. Omg you don’t have to pick between creamy cheesy pasta and tomato sauce there is a dish where you just have both O_O

I want dis.

I know, right?! I always want cheesy pasta, but the freshness of tomatoes is also desired. Who knew you could have both in one dish? I hope to make this very, very soon.