Since I’m too tired to do a “real post”, you get a little peek instead of the things I cooked last week instead. Aren’t you lucky?
Now that it’s really getting to be summer, you can totally cook your whole dinner on the grill like I did. Grilled shrimp, grilled corn on the cob and grilled steak! The other bonus: I made garlic butter which I also used on all three (naughty). I used the leftovers from this meal to make “surf n’ turf fried rice” a few days later.
About this time last year I made a Berry Crumb Pie which I redid again last week. I evened out the porportions of blueberries and strawberries though and added oatmeal to the crumble.
This pie tastes like summer, if you ask me.
I also used the leftover pie crust to make “pie crust cookies”. I just rolled the dough out, cut out little shapes, sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top and baked them for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Maya and I ate a few of them and the rest I put on the pie for decoration.
Summer’s also the time when basil is in abundance in our garden, so I made some fresh basil pesto. I use a LOT of garlic in mine so it’s extra potent. To tone it down just a little, I made a pesto cream sauce for a really easy dinner.
I had these “corn dog lollipops” at a restaurant recently and I decided to try and remake it at home. I used cheddar sausage, cut it into bits, made corn dog batter with pancake batter and corn meal and viola – little mini corn dogs! The bits of cheese instead made them better.
I’ll be doing a full post about this later – but this weekend I tried smoking pork butt! I threw on some sausages for good measure.
So there you have. A bunch of stuff I cooked last week that maybe would have never made it onto the blog. Summer starts for real this week – are you going to be grilling more now that summer is here?
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- san diego pretzel company + giveaway!
- dinosaurs and date shake tasting – hadley vs shields / palm springs, ca
- mamma teresa / poway – san diego, ca
- bears den at pine knot guest ranch / big bear lake, ca
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Parking is a big worry for me, too! Hard to park = I don’t want to go! Yeah, the HH prices aren’t stellar, but maybe they are just extra...
- mary: It was awesome! I even asked if they had the mushroom soup that day since I remembered the photo of it on your blog (that Dennis had) but they...
- Faye: Oh wow – your sandwich looks amazing! I like brie too – esp when it’s melted. But everything in your sandwich seems to really...
- Jinxi: Ooh yay! I’m glad you tried it out and liked it D
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because) (2)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca (9)
- mary: I know… it was not the best idea ever! But he did it and he looked like he was in a lot of pain but he totally recovered haha. I would never do...