Since I’m too tired to do a “real post”, you get a little peek instead of the things I cooked last week instead. Aren’t you lucky?
Now that it’s really getting to be summer, you can totally cook your whole dinner on the grill like I did. Grilled shrimp, grilled corn on the cob and grilled steak! The other bonus: I made garlic butter which I also used on all three (naughty). I used the leftovers from this meal to make “surf n’ turf fried rice” a few days later.
About this time last year I made a Berry Crumb Pie which I redid again last week. I evened out the porportions of blueberries and strawberries though and added oatmeal to the crumble.
This pie tastes like summer, if you ask me.
I also used the leftover pie crust to make “pie crust cookies”. I just rolled the dough out, cut out little shapes, sprinkled cinnamon sugar on top and baked them for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Maya and I ate a few of them and the rest I put on the pie for decoration.
Summer’s also the time when basil is in abundance in our garden, so I made some fresh basil pesto. I use a LOT of garlic in mine so it’s extra potent. To tone it down just a little, I made a pesto cream sauce for a really easy dinner.
I had these “corn dog lollipops” at a restaurant recently and I decided to try and remake it at home. I used cheddar sausage, cut it into bits, made corn dog batter with pancake batter and corn meal and viola – little mini corn dogs! The bits of cheese instead made them better.
I’ll be doing a full post about this later – but this weekend I tried smoking pork butt! I threw on some sausages for good measure.
So there you have. A bunch of stuff I cooked last week that maybe would have never made it onto the blog. Summer starts for real this week – are you going to be grilling more now that summer is here?
- wienerschnitzel hot dogs
- lemon ginger ice box cake for alex’s lemonade stand & melissa’s produce challenge
- wings and fish / encanto
- danny’s donuts / vista
- peppertree frosty / vista
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego
- bruxie / college area – san diego, ca
- flayvors of cook farm / hadley, ma
- rita’s italian ice & iwok chinese restaurant / bonita – san diego, ca
- big bite bacon fest – 2014 recap
- wienerschnitzel hot dogs (3)
- danny’s donuts / vista (10)
- ruth: Looks like absolute heaven! I’ve never had Danny’s Doughnuts personally but...
- lemon ginger ice box cake for alex’s lemonade stand & melissa’s produce challenge (8)
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Meyer lemons are the bestttt. I think your icebox cake would taste...
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats