woody’s burgers / miramar – san diego, ca

1. Dennis says:

The rings looked pretty good, too bad they were greasy! I tried Bang’n Burgers twice or so. I should maybe give these guys a try soon. A well toasted bun often helps some with the juicy patty issue. I like the added texture it brings too.

Hi Dennis – Yeah, it was really a shame that the rings were so greasy! The bun was toasted on the top, but I honestly couldn’t tell if it was toasted on the bottom, too, since my bottom bun got soggy pretty quickly – so maybe that’s an indicator it wasn’t toasted on the bottom?

My mouth is all greasy just reading about those onion rings… blech. Greasy onion rings are the worst. Drippy burgers are also not my favorite. We went to BGR the other night (to use Travis’ free birthday burger coupon!) and I swear every time I picked up my buger I used a napkin to wipe it all off my hands. But, at least you got to eat some bacon!

“It’s too juicy!” seems like a silly compliant until it’s running all over your hands and making you feel like everything you touch is made of grease. BGR does freebie birthdays? Either I forgot, or they just started doing that. Totally gonna sign up!

3. I actually kind of liked Bangin Burgers and am a little sad they closed. They made some good tots. Definitely going to check out Woody’s since it’s in my ‘hood. Have you tried the burger at Urban Solace? I think it’s one of my favorite burgers in SD.

I also hate burgers that drip down your hands and wrists. I get that a juicy burger is a good burger, but a dripping one is just gross. BGR’s burger is way too drippy too, but man their fries are good.

I had mixed experiences at Bangin Burgers, but I liked it well enough. I tried to Google why they closed – but no such luck. I just remember it was very “all of a sudden”. Jake had the burger at Urban Solace and I had a bite and it was tasty. They’ve got good stuff there! My favorite burger in SD is still at the Pearl Hotel… mmm.

4. Darlene says:

Boo that the bun didn’t stand up to the burger. What a disappointment. Sounds like you had to use a lot of napkins between the grease and the juicy burger.

I did have to use a lot of napkins. And wash my hands twice. And then I used lotion and anti-bacterial stuff to combat the greasy feeling that would not leave my skin!

5. That sux that Bangin’ Burgers closed. I never had a chance to go there but wanted to since I had a coupon from that book I buy every year.

That’s a lot of jalapenos on that Western burger. A little too much. Sorry you had to deal with that greasiness!

Aw, I guess you missed out on the peanut butter hehe. Jake liked it… it wasn’t my thing, but it was interesting. I think I’d give this place another shot and hope their onion rings improve and less greasiness would be nice.

6. Rhiannon says:

We would love for you guys to come back in and give us a second chance. Some changes have been made in the kitchen, we offer half off beer for happy hour every day of the week from 330-7. Skip traffic, grab a 3 dollar Sculpin and come hang with us. Lunch on us and your feedback of course is highly valued.
    Rhiannon