For dinner on my one and only night in Los Angeles on this trip, I was given a few different options. I chose to go to the Curry House since they had a big variety of items and a Curry-Spaghetti Japanese place sounded really interesting to me. I was sad to find out later that there used to be a location in San Diego off Convoy that has since closed. Sad I never knew about it!
Curry House has ten locations in Southern California serving up their take on Japanese curry and other Japanese items.
I stared my meal off with a simple salad.
Well, sort of simple anyway. I don’t think I’ve seen kidney beans in a salad before… or green beans for that matter. In any case, it was lovely and flavorful and the dressing was very nice.
[Teppan Hamburger with Teriyaki Sauce]
After looking over the long and somewhat confusing menu, I decided to get one of the Teppan Hamburger steaks. It comes to you sizzling hot on a cast iron plate surrounded in a sea of teriyaki sauce, onions and veggies (which are on the other side of those gigantic onion rings).
I maneuvered around my dish carefully, afraid to touch the very hot plate. I managed to not touch it and burn myself, so good for me.
The hamburger steak was thick, juicy and full of flavor from the surrounding teriyaki sauce. It was very tender and quite delicious. Standard steamed veggies came with (carrots, some spinach, etc.) and I also really enjoyed my extra large onion rings.
The onion rings were interesting to me since they were doubled up – two slices of onion per ring. They had a nice, crispy panko crust that I also really liked.
I also got a side order – one potato croquette. This again had a panko crust, very similar to the onion rings, and a very smooth and creamy potato filling. It was sort of like the creamiest, crunchiest hash brown I could ever imagine and I totally loved it.
I wish the Curry House in San Diego was still down here so I could try out their out items, but I guess I’ll just have to find something else down here to fill the void.
123 S. Onizuka St., #204
Los Angeles, CA 90012
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- cape town pub south african fusion / miramar – san diego, ca
- ‘rita’s cantina @ harrah’s / valley center, ca
- [recipe] green bean salad + homemade bbq
- mr. peabody’s bar & grill / encinitas, ca
- supernatural sandwiches / miramar – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] taste of hillcrest coming up on april 19th, 2014 + win tickets!
- [recipe] easy one pot tomato basil pasta
- breakfast at wich addiction / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- [recipe] strawberry lime cheesecake bars
- college area taste / april 13th, 2014 + win tickets!
- cape town pub south african fusion / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- caninecologne: Gotta check this out! I remember liking their meat pies from the one time I went when they were still Deli SA (after that family nearly...
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Your picture of the sandwich + fries is amazing! And I think I would love the milk tart too. This place reminds of Brazil by the Bay...
- mary: Hi Jinxi – I hope you do! They have interesting looking stuff on their menu. I also want to try all of their desserts again!
- Jinxi: Mm I’ll have to check out this place! I’ve never had South African cuisine before. The desserts look yummy, and I’m quite intrigued...
- mary: Hi Faye – They do offer dinner! They have like regular operating hours. I feel like they might have happy hour, too, but maybe I’m just...
- jeong won korean bbq buffet / kearny mesa – san diego, ca (9)
- Truely: Taegukgi is over price. They don’t explain much between 21.99 and 25.99. Sorry, it is my first and last. I will explain to all my friends. word...
- ‘rita’s cantina @ harrah’s / valley center, ca (6)
- mary: Hi Faye – OMG you’re right they took Sam down! I double checked the “Adoption” page too but he’s not there so I hope hope...
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- meandering eats
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats
- gastro bits