For dinner on my one and only night in Los Angeles on this trip, I was given a few different options. I chose to go to the Curry House since they had a big variety of items and a Curry-Spaghetti Japanese place sounded really interesting to me. I was sad to find out later that there used to be a location in San Diego off Convoy that has since closed. Sad I never knew about it!
Curry House has ten locations in Southern California serving up their take on Japanese curry and other Japanese items.
I stared my meal off with a simple salad.
Well, sort of simple anyway. I don’t think I’ve seen kidney beans in a salad before… or green beans for that matter. In any case, it was lovely and flavorful and the dressing was very nice.
[Teppan Hamburger with Teriyaki Sauce]
After looking over the long and somewhat confusing menu, I decided to get one of the Teppan Hamburger steaks. It comes to you sizzling hot on a cast iron plate surrounded in a sea of teriyaki sauce, onions and veggies (which are on the other side of those gigantic onion rings).
I maneuvered around my dish carefully, afraid to touch the very hot plate. I managed to not touch it and burn myself, so good for me.
The hamburger steak was thick, juicy and full of flavor from the surrounding teriyaki sauce. It was very tender and quite delicious. Standard steamed veggies came with (carrots, some spinach, etc.) and I also really enjoyed my extra large onion rings.
The onion rings were interesting to me since they were doubled up – two slices of onion per ring. They had a nice, crispy panko crust that I also really liked.
I also got a side order – one potato croquette. This again had a panko crust, very similar to the onion rings, and a very smooth and creamy potato filling. It was sort of like the creamiest, crunchiest hash brown I could ever imagine and I totally loved it.
I wish the Curry House in San Diego was still down here so I could try out their out items, but I guess I’ll just have to find something else down here to fill the void.
123 S. Onizuka St., #204
Los Angeles, CA 90012
- wienerschnitzel hot dogs
- lemon ginger ice box cake for alex’s lemonade stand & melissa’s produce challenge
- wings and fish / encanto
- danny’s donuts / vista
- peppertree frosty / vista
- berkeley pizza / downtown san diego
- bruxie / college area – san diego, ca
- flayvors of cook farm / hadley, ma
- rita’s italian ice & iwok chinese restaurant / bonita – san diego, ca
- big bite bacon fest – 2014 recap
- wienerschnitzel hot dogs (8)
- caninecologne: I usually rip out the coupons and organize them by parts of town (mid-city, south...
- caninecologne: Boo to the sloppy hot dog dressing skills of the Wienerschnitzel staff. My 3 year...
- J.S. @ Sun Diego Eats: Random story: For my sorority we had to do a bit of philanthropy every...
- Faye: Is it ok if I say Wiener wins the award for fugliest food ever. What’s up with the...
- danny’s donuts / vista (10)
- ruth: Looks like absolute heaven! I’ve never had Danny’s Doughnuts personally but...
Blogs I Follow
- my burning kitchen
- three dog kitchen
- kirbie's cravings
- a radiused corner
- food is my favorite
- pink candles at ridgemont high
- convoy conquest
- san diego sugar
- rodzilla reviews
- food revu
- nerds with food
- jinxi eats
- faye's fork
- sun diego eats