a night of bacon bingo with bloggers at el take it easy | north park

1. Darlene says:

They need to bring Bacon Bingo back! I’m glad we finally had a chance to talk in real life despite us sitting right under the speakers. And I agree that the pistachio cake was delicious. I convinced Paul to go to North Park Sushi and Grill the Friday after and we got a slice of cake.

2. mary says:

I hope they have the pistachio cake again when I got back to use my Groupon! I hope they bring bacon bingo back. Did you have you bacon? How was it?

3. hi mary – the pistachio cake at heaven sent is pretty good!!!!

hope i can join you guys next time for bacon bingo!

I hope they bring back bacon bingo, too! I loved our little mini-meetup!

We cooked our bacon that weekend. It rendered out a lot of fat, but it cooked up nice and crisp. It’s not as salty as “regular” bacon, and there’s a little hint of pigginess there, but it’s good bacon.

5. mary says:

hi cc – i hope you can join us next time, too! hopefully we will have another get together soon (i believe we’re thinking of going to the Pearl in March?).

hi leanne – oo, the bacon sounds excellent. i really must try the linkery soon.

6. I was laughing as I read this because my wife and I were there that night. We were two tables to left from your booth. I thought you guys had it rigged also 🙂 I agree with you about the Pork Belly Tacos! We also had the Cezar Salad which was excelent!

7. mary says:

Hi John – That’s funny you were there the same night! Glad you had fun – I hope they bring it back soon!

8. hi mary – cool let me know when. i’d love to finally meet u in person! 🙂 you can also meet my better half, bert.

9. mary says:

hi cc – i will totally let you know about the next gathering! it would be totally fun to meet you!

10. How cool!! I totally understand where you’re coming from re: spending time with other bloggers. I sort of feel like an outsider in the community. There appear to be some clicks. I don’t know where all the interaction happens, offline? via email? at the conferences? Either way, I think it would be cool to meetup with other local bloggers. I’m also in SD. Do you have any interest in forming a SD blogger dinner?

11. mary says:

hello! i think most of our interactions are commenting on each other’s blogs and on twitter. there’s a dinner in the works soon and hopefully more get-togethers in the future. i’ll try and post about things here on my blog or on twitter or you can always email me! i’m going to check out your blog!

12. Tiffany says:

I just discovered your blog, loving it! We also live in San Diego and have been curious about the bacon bingo at El Take It Easy, after reading your post, we will certainly have to make it!

13. mary says:

Hi Tiffany! Hope you enjoy it – I saw they brought it back last Wednesday. I think they’ll bring it back sporadically. It’s totally fun!