It was a Saturday night and I was spending the weekend at Jake’s again. The kitchen was a mess, the sink was full of dirty dishes, and I was in no mood to cook or clean. I hopped online and started doing a search for pizza near his zip code and a name caught my eye, “Sicilian Thing Pizza”. “Kind of a weird name for a pizza place,” I thought to myself. I looked at the website and saw “sicilian square thick pizza” and I thought, “This I gotta try.” It’s not too far from where Jake lives so I called up and placed an order and off we flew to pick up the pizza. Parking in North Park is a pain so Jake waited in the alley next to the pizza shop while I ran in and got the pizza.
I kept it simple with just one topping of sausage ($15.50 – starts at $14.00, toppings are $1.50 a piece). The pizza is super thick and crusty, baked to a nice golden brown. The pizza had just popped out of the oven so the cheese was in that perfect melty stage.
The crust is my favorite part of most pizza. If it’s thin, I generally don’t like it. This was perfect for me – it was almost like eating a saucy, thick bread. It sure beat ordering Little Ceasar’s or getting some other cheap $5 pizza.
They also sell pizza by the slice in the shop, if you’re not in the mood for ordering a whole pizza. We took it home and chomped happily on the pizza while watching a movie, perfectly content with delicious pizza inside of our tummies.
Sicilian Thing Pizza
4046 30th Street (in between Polk Ave and Lincoln Ave)
San Diego, CA
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca
- my favorite childhood treat: pocky!
- dressing rehersal at whole foods market encinitas + holiday ideas + a giveaway!
- bella vista social club & caffé / la jolla – san diego, ca
- [giveaway] daphne’s $50 gift card (just because)
- firehouse subs / sports arena – san diego, ca
- turkey day!
- lunching with co-workers
- thanksgiving side suggestions
- hanna garden / miramar – san diego, ca (6)
- mary: Mmm, me too! I’d eat lamb, too, but I like lamb not like you hehe. Pickles… no. I don’t like any kind of pickle, at all. I dislike...
- caninecologne: Mmmm, juicy meat! I really like the flavorings in the meat kabobs (beef not lamb) at these types of places. Wait, you don’t like pickles?
- mary: I was surprised by the salad! Especially since the photos on the window showed the salad on the plate, not in it’s own bowl. It was a nice...
- mary: Nice! It’s pretty reasonably priced, too. A cute spot for lunch!
- Jinxi: Ooh looks yummy. I like that they give you a big side salad!
- leanne: That’s not too far from my office… I may have to round up some co-workers one day and check it out!
- zooies cookies / san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Free freshly made cookie, too, don’t forget about that part! I know, it’s SO HARD being a food blogger, trying out so many foods....