It was a Saturday night and I was spending the weekend at Jake’s again. The kitchen was a mess, the sink was full of dirty dishes, and I was in no mood to cook or clean. I hopped online and started doing a search for pizza near his zip code and a name caught my eye, “Sicilian Thing Pizza”. “Kind of a weird name for a pizza place,” I thought to myself. I looked at the website and saw “sicilian square thick pizza” and I thought, “This I gotta try.” It’s not too far from where Jake lives so I called up and placed an order and off we flew to pick up the pizza. Parking in North Park is a pain so Jake waited in the alley next to the pizza shop while I ran in and got the pizza.
I kept it simple with just one topping of sausage ($15.50 – starts at $14.00, toppings are $1.50 a piece). The pizza is super thick and crusty, baked to a nice golden brown. The pizza had just popped out of the oven so the cheese was in that perfect melty stage.
The crust is my favorite part of most pizza. If it’s thin, I generally don’t like it. This was perfect for me – it was almost like eating a saucy, thick bread. It sure beat ordering Little Ceasar’s or getting some other cheap $5 pizza.
They also sell pizza by the slice in the shop, if you’re not in the mood for ordering a whole pizza. We took it home and chomped happily on the pizza while watching a movie, perfectly content with delicious pizza inside of our tummies.
Sicilian Thing Pizza
4046 30th Street (in between Polk Ave and Lincoln Ave)
San Diego, CA
about this site
| Download Media Kit
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- fluffy duffy’s snow cream / college – san diego, ca
- [recipe/review] peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib
- hogetsu bakery / chula vista, ca
- teriyaki grill / chula vista, ca
- revisit to callahan’s / mira mesa – san diego, ca
- veggie grill / utc – la jolla, ca
- valentine’s recap
- country waffles / clairemont – san diego, ca (4)
- mary: Hi CC – The one in Clairemont is kind of hidden, too. Must be some kind of weird theme… the wallpaper is pretty bad. I could also see the...
- caninecologne: Man, i’ve NEVER heard of this place and there’s one in CV too? gotta look that up or drive by or something. update – just...
- mary: Hi Darlene – It was kind of hard for us to find since we were looking for a separate building. It looks weird being at the bottom of an office...
- Darlene: That restaurant is near my house! It always seemed to be in a weird place but a tall office building. The first Country Waffles I went to was in the...
- red lobster / mira mesa – san diego, ca (8)
- [product review] – DressTiez clothing protector bib (12)
- mary: Hi Lynn – Hmm, I’m not sure how they found me, I didn’t ask! I think they were just shooting in the dark and hoped I would use it....